The Kitsune

When the child was born, they felt something was wrong. 

          "What's wrong with it?" Inquired the father.

          "I'm not sure." Responded the mother. "Maybe this was a mistake."

          "What should we do with it?" The father whispered. Then they looked at each other. This would not do. They would have to be rid of the child.

        "Alright, Atsumu went to practice." Osamu tells you. You nod, getting up and letting him lead you into the basement of the twin's house.

        "This feels sketchy." You comment as he turns on the light to the mostly empty area.

        "Yeah, but what we're doing is kind of sensitive." He goes over to get the element orbs. "Which one did you want to try?" 

         "Fire or lightning would be cool." You hum. He nods, picking them out before bringing them over.  

         "Let's go with fire first. I hear lightning is a bit more difficult." He hums, passing you the orb. "Even if you mess up you can use your water."

         "Alright." You move to the center of the floor, looking at the orb in your hands. You close your eyes, feeling the mana inside it. "Feels like a roaring beast." 

          "Does it?" Osamu's ears perk as he watches you from near the steps. 

          "Mhm…" You hum, trying to replicate the feeling with your own mana. Osamu straightens as a stream of fire flickers around you. After a moment you open your eyes. "I think I got it now." You tell him before setting the orb on the floor to work with the flames you conjure. 

          "Basic conjuration is usually easy. Turning them into spells will be different." He breathes. "Still, you're really good at manipulating mana… And I didn't know it had a certain feel."

          "Huh? You don't feel mana?" You blink in confusion. 

          "No, it just comes naturally, I can usually control the power of it… Never seen flames move like that though. Usually Atsumu catches something on fire or it comes off of him. You make it float and move like water." He puts a knuckle to his chin. "Maybe you're a genius? You can control it way better than him, and he's been using it longer." 

           "I don't know about genius." You shake your head as you pick up the orb again. "I am different though… Maybe I should stick with the two? I wouldn't want to accidentally get found out." 

          "... Do you really think that it won't happen if you don't? There's bound to be a slip up of some kind." He points out. "I mean even when I'm careful and focused while I cook, I still get burnt sometimes."

           "Then… What should I do?" You ask lightly, feeling unsure.

           "Prepare to run and hide?" He tilts his head. "Or transform." 

           "... That's…" You frown.

           "It's not great." He agrees. "Then why not learn all of them? If someone tries to mess with you it would be difficult for them to do anything if you're swinging six attributes at once." 

          "That sounds impossible." You blink.

          "But you get what I'm saying though, right?" He asks.

          "Yeah… I suppose that would help. But I don't want to hurt anyone." You frown.

          "Usually you'll have one of us with you. But not all the time." He comes over, putting a hand on your head. "So please, do this so you can protect yourself too."