Neighbors

"Here you go." Your dad sets the two specially made fruit cups in front of you. "Go make some friends." He smiles. 

          "Don't worry, they're expecting you." Your mom says happily.

          "Um. Okay then." You manage before picking up the fruit cups and going out and next door to the shrine looking home. "Here we go…" You go to the door and knock. 

          "'Tsumu get the door." Someone calls.

          "I'm busy!" The call sounds back.

          "Liar! I see you watching t.v go answer the door!" 

         "Fine!" Then there's grumbling approaching the door before it opens to show a blond guy. "Ah." He pauses in surprise. "You came sooner than expected…"

         "Yeah, sorry. I kinda got rushed out of the house." You admit with a smile before peering at the names on the cups. "Here you go Atsumu." You hold his out to him.

         "Oh thanks. Your mom makes really good food. Come on in. You can give 'Samu his." He lets you in before leading you to the kitchen. "It was Aunt Autumn's daughter." He tells his gray haired twin. You pause, looking between them. 

         "Wait… Aunt Autumn?" You echo.

         "Our parents are never home so she makes us food sometimes and invites us over for dinner. Kind of became our aunt." Osamu says, mixing something in a bowl. "You can set mine on the counter, thanks." He adds.

          "What are you making?" You ask lightly.

          "I'm making you a greeting cake. But you got here sooner than expected." He says, pouring the batter into a pan. 

          "How long were you guys expecting me?" You tilt your head as Atsumu pats on a chair for you to sit down. 

          "A few days. Your mom said the silver clouds would be passing over your home soon and that if they affected you, you would come here." Atsumu hums, eating the fruit cup thoughtfully.

         "Oh… That's what happened… What are silver clouds though?" You ask.

         "They're like… Remnants of used magic. When they pass over they sometimes awaken latent magic." Osamu says putting the pan in the oven. "You were surprised huh?" He guesses.

       "Yeah… I was at school…" You sigh. 

       "So what are human schools like? Was there screaming? Were they afraid?" Atsumu asks curiously.

        "They were surprised and really confused actually…" You put a knuckle to your chin. "And I won't see them again…" They blink at you before Osamu grabs his fruit cup, putting half on a plate before passing it to you with a spoon.

        "I'm sure you'll be fine. I'll help you out when we start at Blanda." Osamu smiles lightly.

        'He's so nice.' You blink smiling in return. 

        "Don't expect the same from Atsumu." He adds bluntly.

        "Yeah no. Good luck." Atsumu hums. 

        "Well, thanks for that at least." You smile lightly. "At least you're honest."

        "Nope. He's just a jerk." Osamu breathes. 

        "Anyway I got something to do. See ya new girl. Tell your mom thanks for the food." Atsumu says heading out. Osamu frowns at the cup his twin left behind in annoyance before picking it up and putting it in the sink.