Flower of Change

"Satori, it's time to eat." His mother says, peering in at her red haired boy. 

         "No thanks. I'm not hungry." He says, moving a toy truck across the carpet.

         "Don't give me that Satori, you haven't had anything today." His mother frowns.

         "I don't want to eat it. I heard their screams. I don't want to eat something that screams." He responds.

         "... Very well." She says coldly, shutting the door.

~~~~~

         "Okay. Last day of middle school! Are you excited?" Your dad grins, kneeling down beside you. 

          "Yeah. I'm going to hug my friends goodbye and tell them to have a good summer! I got them all flowers." You grin going to the cooler that you had set up to transfer the flowers around. 

          "That's my sweet girl. Go have fun." He waves as you head out. You hum happily pulling the cooler behind you cheerfully.

           "___!" A call sounds as you reach the school that was so close to home.

           "Hi!" You wave as your friends approach. 

          "What do you got?" Sharma asks curiously.

          "Flowers. Farewell and congratulations." You hum, opening it.

          "Aw! They're so pretty! I'm going to give mine to my mom! It's her birthday today!" She gushes, picking out a rose. "Thanks ___! Your flowers are so pretty!" She grins. Your other friends each pick out one. 

          "There's a lot left. Are you going to give one to the teachers too?" Marley asks.

          "Mhm. Let's make today so much fun!" You chime.

          "Yes!" 

          It goes normally, you pass out flowers to the teachers. Lunch time comes and you're left with one last one. A protea. You had hidden this one because you had a certain person in mind. You swallow, leaving the cafeteria to go to the courtyard where other groups and loners eat. 

           This flower's meaning was perfect for him. The redhead that sat alone always and puts on a cheerful smile when interacting with others. You reach him and he pauses looking over and sitting up. 

         "Ah. Hi ___, today's almost over. Are you excited?" He asks, smiling up at you.

         "Mhm. Happy last day Tendo." You hold out the flower to him nervously. He blinks and takes it. "G-Goodbye!" You swiftly turn to leave.

          "Protea… Diversity and courage. The flower of change." He murmurs, you stop and look back in surprise at him. He smiles happily, "Thanks ___." He breathes, touching his cheek to it. 

          "No problem-" You pause as a cloud passes in front of the sun, an odd rainbow glimmer going over the courtyard. You were in awe but a tingling sensation surges through your body and you feel a warmth spread over your back, looking back you freeze. A pair of sunset colored yet transparent fairy like wings stretch out. "What…?" You murmur stunned.

           "Fairy…" Tendo whispers, standing up with big eyes.

           "___! Whoa! What's that? Did you get dressed up-" Everyone in the courtyard that had stopped to stare suddenly fall unconscious as a sparkling wind passes through.