The line

here, carly never moved to Italy but the story in iGoodbye still happened, except Carly's departure to Italy.
_________________________

"Well, people always have hope in me!"

"Well, I don't need people's pity and sympathy!"

It was getting heated and he was almost out of league.

"At least, my father knows about me better, he left me and my mother with a good boundary, he's still in contact with me and my mother!"

She was shocked to hear that, it was overboard but her ego told her not to give in.

"A-"

He cut her off before she could reciprocate nor defend herself.

"And you said you don't need anybody's pity? Well for a fact, tons of people pity you because of how unlikeable your attitudes are. Like it or not, care or not, you're living around it. Which seems to be very horrible and more pitiful." He was surprised himself--that his mouth was ruthless enough to say that to his best friend.

"Okay." She shrugged and walked away swiftly.

"Sam, i'm sorry!" but she never stopped walking.

"Sam!"

"Geez, cut it off, what is wrong with you?" she asked with all the irritation she could display.

"I'm sorry."

She only rolled her eyes and she walked off again, her mind wasn't able to stop thinking about his words. Did he not know how sensitive she had been? Was he really that oblivious with what's inside her?

He was furious with himself, she was hurt because of him, so unlikely to happen but it did.
______________________

After school, at 4:30 o'clock, 2 teenagers burst into the Shay's apartment, their shoutings were heard from inside "Sam!" he holds her wrist.

"Freddie, stop." her voice was so soft that they could've mistaken her for Melanie. She removes Freddie's hand on her wrist. With that, he lets go. The Shay siblings are indeed shocked. Carly watches her bestfriend walks upstairs and locks herself in the studio. She doesn't run after her, she knows she needs to know what happened first and that Sam needs some alone time.

"What did you do?" The Shay siblings death-glare at him.

He just sighs and sits on the couch. He runs his hands through his hair and closes his eyes. Massaging his head. Oh, he knows he messed up bad. The Shay siblings obviously notices how he's so stressed out right now, they know he wants to make things right, whatever was wrong.

Carly sits beside him, "Freddie, what happened...?" she cautiously asks with a soft voice, she's concerned about both of her best friends.
______________________________

"You should talk to Sam." Carly suggests.

After calming himself down, he gets up to check on Sam.

He walks through a secret passage to the studio that he found and only sam knows about it. She thought she locked the door through the passage, but she, in fact, had forgotten it.

He sees her on the new couch in the studio, closing her eyes trying to calm herself, trying to forget, he knows she can't, drops of tears are still falling down her small face.

The words from his mouth weren't able to be abolished from her head. Must be said, the words about her dad was a way far more burden than the words about pity towards her. It's hurting how she remembers the way she loved her father so much, the way everything used to be okay when he, Melanie, and her mother were around and in a good condition and relationships with one and another.