Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Destiny really has its own ways of playing with you, no? Pakiramdam ko masyado akong pinaglalaruan. Actually, I don't know if destiny just really likes playing with me or hurting me. Kung ano man, hindi na ako natutuwa.

Naka-announce na iyong next rotation namin and it was indeed in Pedia. 'Nong nalaman ko ay kulang na lang magdabog ako pero hindi naman pwede kasi sino ako para magreklamo?

"Kailan ba kasi 'yong sa surgery?" Addie said while pouting. Kulang na lang daw kasi ay lumuhod siya para dasalan na sana ay sa surgery ang next rotation namin kaso Pedia ang binigay.

Nagkasalubong kasi kami sa may Entrance kaya nagka-oras pa para magchikahan. Pati si Rico ay nakasabay din namin.

"I heard okay naman daw ang Peds. Mabait naman daw ang staff at mahaba ang pasensya," Rico said. Sa Pedia conference room daw didiretso kasi may mga further instructions daw na ibibigay sa amin.

And I'm starting to feel uneasy. Hindi naman ako sure kung nandoon siya pero sana talaga wala. Unang araw ko sa Pedia and I want to like it there. Hindi ko lang alam anong mararamdaman ko kapag nandoon na talaga ako at kapag nandoon siya.

Pagkarating namin ay nandoon na sina Celeste, Jeremy and Ralph.

"Tagal niyo," Celeste mouthed. Napatingin kami 'nong may tinuro siya.

Standing at the corner, is a woman who's talking to someone on the phone. Siya ata iyong magiging supervisor namin this time.

We hurriedly sat on the chairs in the conference room bago pa kami masita.

"Okay," the woman suddenly said. Dali-dali kong kinuha iyong notepad ko to take notes of anything important she's going to say. "I'm Dr. Alpa and I will be one of the doctors who will guide you all throughout your Internship here in Pediatrics," she announced. She looks scary. "I want you all to do your tasks. I guess you already know that, right? Kapag hindi kailangan sa ward or anywhere else here in the hospital, do some paperworks. Kapag wala nang paperworks, you can use that free time to review for your licensure exam," she announced. Sobrang bilis niyang magsalita na para bang nagra-rap.

"Ayaw ko sa mga late. You should all be here at least 20 minutes before the start of your shift," she added. "Understood?"

"Yes, Doc," sabay naming sabi. And then we heard a knock on the door. Halos sabay kaming napatingin sa direksyon ng pinto. It slowly opened and revealed Troy.

"Doc, andito na 'yong parents ni Amielle. They're ready to speak to you," he said. He looked around the room kaya mabilis akong nag-iwas ng tingin saka nagsulat sa notepad ko ng kung ano-ano.

"Okay," Doc Alpa mumbled. "Are you needed anywhere?"

"For now, hindi naman po," I heard him reply.

"Good," Doc Alpa responded. "Can you finish my orientation with the Interns?" She asked. Biglang bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko.

"Sure po," he said.

"Alright," Doc Alpa paid her attention to us. "I have to leave you with Dr. Tan as I am meeting with the parents of one of my patients. He's good so you must listen to him," she added and off she went. Naglakad na papunta sa harapan namin si Troy so I slowly looked up. He smiled.

Seeing that smile of his reminded me of how much I miss him. All of him. It reminded me of all the good memories, of our dates, of everything. This is what I wanted for him- to pursue his dream even without me. And now that I'm seeing the Troy Vincent Tan that I fell in love with, it warms my heart. Because finally, he's wearing that white coat he always dreamed about.