Chapter 46

Chapter 46

I tried not to think about him so much. Hindi makakatulong sa akin kung lagi ko siyang iisipin. From the start, I should've learned the act of not thinking about him. Dapat sa simula pa lang ay hindi na ako umasa.

But I hoped.

I hoped for something to happen.

But now that I got a clearer mind, I understand the possible consequences of getting involved with him again. And I shouldn't let it happen.

While Love was undergoing therapy before, I also had to attend to mine. What happened before, being heavily criticized by a lot of people, being called names I know did not and will never define me, took a toll on my mental health. Faith had to convince me into going to therapy to help me get back to the usual me. Because truth be told, I was never the same after everything that happened.

My name's Hope, but ironically, there was a time in my life that name never suited me. I lost hope. And I stopped hoping. I was barely living.

"Please follow up on the labs and report to me when the result's out," Dr. Tan said after we did our rounds. Unfortunately, I am his intern today.

"Okay, Doc," I replied in my most neutral tone, writing the things he said earlier. I decided to just act professional. Because that's how I should be.

"Thanks," he said. I could feel him looking at me but I didn't dare to look at him.

I decided not to.

Nang maramdaman ang pag-alis niya ay huminga na lang ako nang malalim bago nagsimulang maglakad para asikasuhin ang mga binilin niya. And while going to get some lab results, I happened to pass by Celeste, who happened to have two cups of coffee in hand, and she gave it to me.

Halos araw-araw na akong may libreng pagkain o inumin from Celeste. It was weird because she never gave me free food before. Lately lang. Napaisip tuloy ako- mayaman kaya siya?

She just gave me the coffee and we did a little talk saka umalis rin siya kaagad. Sinundan ko pa ng tingin ang pag-alis niya. Ang weird niya kasi talaga.

I went to follow up on the lab reports and read it before I decided to call Dr. Tan.

Yes, I have his number and he has mine. We have to have each other's work phone number to communicate- just for work. We never used it for personal matters. That's just unprofessional.

With the cup of coffee in my left hand, and the papers on the right, I went to meet Dr. Tan.

He said he's in the conference room kaya doon ako dumiretso. When I reached the room, I noticed there are a few people there. They're having a meeting to plan for the case of a pedia patient.

Bakante iyong upuan sa tabi niya so I sat there as I gave him the lab results. I waited for him to say something, but my attention was caught by someone on the other side of the table. He was waving at me. Dr. Luca's probably part of the team for this case. So I waved back.

Another doctor was discussing something. I think she's going to be the lead Surgeon. Dini-discuss kasi nila kung anong magiging approach nila for the operation.

I didn't hear anything from Dr. Tan and I was forced to stay there because Dr. Alpa said so. Napagitnaan kasi nila ako ni Dr. Tan.

When the meeting was done, everybody else went out of the conference room. Tatayo na rin sana ako kasi kaming tatlo nina Dr. Tan at Dr. Luca na lang iyong naiwan, but Dr. Tan's still checking the result. Hindi niya ata nagalaw kanina kasi ongoing iyong meeting.

"Dr. Rivera, long time no see," Dr. Luca said with a smile. Nakaupo pa rin siya sa tapat ko at mukhang walang planong umalis.

"Oo nga po, Doc eh. Medyo busy," I replied.