Chapter 25

Michael

It's 9:30 and I've just ended the meeting for today. I head out of the room and make my way to the elevator when I'm stopped by Raquel.

"Hi." She speaks and I smiled.

"Hey." I reply back to her and she bites down on her bottom lip and looked down.

"Meeting was great." I nod my head.

"Yes it was." I look down at my watch then back at her.

"I gotta go..." I trail off about to walk past her when she grabs my arm.

"Wait." I look back at her. She smirks as she takes a step towards me.

"Can you come over to my place?" She asked and I shake my head.

"No I can't, I'm sorry. I uh... I'm really tired." I clear my throat as she starts to rub her hands on my chest.

"You seem tense, I can definitely take care of that for you." I remove her hands from my chest and shake my head.

"I gotta go, Raquel." I say about to walk off when she tightens the grip on my arm, pulling me back to her.

"Why do you keep pushing me away, Michael? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, you didn't do anything wrong-"

"Is there someone else?" She asked. I stare at her for a while then look down.

"Michael..."

"Raquel, I really have to go." She steps closer to me while staring me deep in the eyes. She pulled my face down to hers and brush her lips gently against mine. Her eyes flutter close and she starts kissing me, and I wrap my arms around her waist and kissed her back. She runs her fingers through my hair as she starts kissing me, hungrily.

"Mmmm." She moans into my mouth. I sucked on her bottom lip before pulling away from the kiss. I rest my forehead against hers while we breathe heavily.

"I love you, Michael." I opened my eyes and look into her eyes. I grab her face between my hands and kissed her again.

"I have to go." I whispered. She blinks her eyes and I can see tears in them. I kiss her forehead before turning around to walk away.

   ~•~

Jhene

It's almost 10pm and I'm about to get ready for bed when I hear the doorbell. I walked out of my room and walked downstairs to open it. I looked through the peep hole and see Michael. I slowly opened the door and looked at him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to check up on you. How are you feeling?" He asked and I looked down, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"I'm feeling... great." He puts his hands in his pocket and nods his head.

"Okay well... um-"

"Wanna come in?" I asked and he swallows hard and nod his head.

"Uh... s-sure." He stutters. I smiled and step aside, giving him enough space to come in.

"Are you hungry?" I asked and he nods.

"Yes."

"There's food in the fridge, I can heat it up for you."

"Thanks." I walked past him and make my way to the kitchen. I take the plate of food out of the fridge and place it in the microwave.

"You want anything to drink?" I asked.

"What do you have?" He asked. I opened the fridge and look inside.