Chapter 13

Jhené

I slowly opened my eyes and smiled when I see Michael sleeping peacefully next to me. He is so damn attractive, I could just stay in bed all day and admire him. I moved closer to him and gently press my lips to his cheek. Thank god it's Saturday so I don't have to work today. I just want Michael here with me. I just love him so much. I just love him so much that it hurts when he's away from me. I hate not hearing his voice. I don't know what I'll do without him. He's just so perfect to me.

I stroke his cheek while admiring his beautiful face. I looked down at his lips and had the urge to kiss them. I lean closer to him and gently peck his lips. He moaned a little in his sleep. I giggled silently and bite down on my lip. I kissed him again but this time when I look up at him, I was startled to find him staring back at me. My heart skipped a beat and I quickly look down, feeling embarrassed.

"I'm sor-" He cuts me off, lifting my chin and kisses me. I closed my eyes and smiled as I kissed him back, passionately. After breaking the kiss, I bury my face in his chest while he held me close to him.

"Good morning." He says softly.

"Good morning." I sigh softly. I then look up at him, shyly.

"Sorry, if I woke you up."

"You didn't wake me up, I was up all this time watching you sleep." He chuckles.

"So, all this time you were fake sleeping?" I asked. He nods, while laughing. I playfully slap his chest.

"Michael, that's not fair." I cross my arms and he continues to laugh.

"Sorry." He pouts his lips. I smiled and place my hand on his check, while gazing into his beautiful brown eyes.

"So, what do you have plan for today?" He asked.

"Well, I plan on staying in bed all day staring at you." I smirk at him. He makes a face.

"What...? You want to stare at this face all day?" He asked. I nod.

"Mhmm."

"Girl, I don't even look good during the mornings." He ruffles his bed hair. I raise my eyebrows.

"Yes you do." I smiled softly. He looks down, blushing.

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do. Michael, you're so gorgeous." We share a laugh together and I buried my face in the crook of his neck.

"Michael?"

"Yes, Jhené?"

"I love you."

He doesn't say anything.

"Oh, do you not love me?"

"Of course I do."

"Then say it back." I say, looking up at him.

"Why do I have to say that I love you? I always show it."

"But I want to hear you say it." I say softly. His face expression changes.

"Jhené, you know that... I love... you. I don't always have to say that I love you to prove it. It's a waste of time."

"No it's not, it's just a reminder of how much we love each other, Michael."

"But we don't have to say it."

"Yes we do, that's what couples do."

"And couples have sex too..." He says, trailing off.

"Is that all you care about, Michael?" I asked, seriously. He shakes his head.

"No, I care about you but I'm a man and I have needs." He says, pressing his lips in a thin line. I kick the covers off me and get out of bed.