Chapter 10

Jhene

"Let's make love..." Michael whispers. I pull away from his embrace to look at him.

"What?" I asked.

"I want to make love to you, Jhene. I'm so in love with you girl, you drive me wild." Michael stares deep into my eyes. I smiled and stroke his cheek.

"And I'm in love with you too Michael, but we can't.... We can't make love just yet."

"Why? I think we're ready."

I purse my lips and thought about it but my mind think it's just not a great idea right now.

"Michael I really want to make love to you, but just a few days ago you were saying that it's not time for us to go that far just yet. Remember, you wanted to take things slow and I respect your decision. I actually think it's a great idea for us to take things slow before rushing into sex. Let's get to know each other first because we've just started dating." I smiled softly. He sighs and strokes his fingers through my hair.

"I understand and I respect your decision, Jhene. You're right, we should take things slow." He gives me a small smile. I smiled back and kiss his cheek.

"I knew you would understand." I then peck him on the lips and look him in his eyes.

"Michael you're the best boyfriend ever. You're so understanding and patient with me. Other guys might have walked out of here because I said no, but you didn't, and that's what I love about you. You're so different, Michael. You're so different from all my past relationships, and that's why I love you." I say, feeling the urge to cry. He gulps and then looks down at his lap. I lift his chin so he can look at me.

"What's wrong, Michael?" I asked. He shakes his head.

"Nothing... just tired, that's all." He replies and I kiss his cheek.

"I wish you could've stayed a bit longer." He bites down on his lip.

"Me too. Well I better get... going." He says lowly and I frown as I throw my arms around his neck.

"No babe, I don't want you to go." I pout and he rubs his hands up and down my back and giggled.

"You're killing me." He smiled. I giggled and pull away from him.

"Can you spend a night with me?" I asked. He frowns.

"I better not."

"Why?" I asked. He shrugs.

"I don't have any clean clothes, toothbrush..."

"I have a spare toothbrush."

"I don't have any soap, deodorant or towels."

"You don't have to worry about all that, let me do all the worrying." I smiled. He then strokes my cheek.

"Oh no baby, I can't let you do that. You've done so much tonight. You cooked a delicious meal, and we had a great time tonight-" I pressed my finger against his lips, cutting him off.

"Please..." I begged, giving him the puppy dog eyes. He chuckled softly.

"Alright gorgeous, I'll spend a night." He said, smiling. I smiled back, before getting off his lap.

I then take his hand and help him off the couch to his feet. I grabbed the remote from the coffee table and turned off the tv before placing the remote down, then lead him upstairs to my room. I opened the door and stepped in and turned around to face Michael.

"I'm so happy that you're here with me, Michael." I say, wrapping my arms around his neck. He chuckles.

"And I'm glad that you're happy."

After getting ready for bed, I climbed in and look over at Michael, and he's standing shirtless with only his boxers on. He gets into bed and I cuddle up to him with my face buried in his chest. His scent is so intoxicating and his skin is so smooth.

"Michael..." I say softly. He looks down at me.

"Hmm?" He hums in response. I then peck him on the lips.

"You're beautiful..." He blushed.

"And you're even more beautiful."

"Aw baby, you're so sweet." I smiled softly, before kissing him goodnight.

"Goodnight babe."

"Goodnight beautiful."

I swear when he calls me that, the butterflies that erupts in my stomach makes me high. I fell asleep like a baby in Michael's arms that night. I just feel so safe with him.