Chapter 27 (Finale)

Jhene
One Month Later...

I woke up early this morning with an excruciating pain in my lower back, and then I felt another contraction and some watery substance flowing down my legs. I grab a hold of Michael's hand and squeezed tightly on to it, which woke him up immediately.

"FUCK! MY HAND!" I looked over at him and his eyes are filled with pain.

"What is wrong with you, Jhene?" He asked, stretching his hand that I had a death grip on.

"My water just broke." I say, taking in a deep breath and releasing it slowly. He looks over at me.

"W-What? No, it's not time yet. You're not due till next week, it's probably the Braxton Hicks again."

"No Michael, it's the real thing." I say, with a faint smile on my face.

"We're going to see our baby, get the bags." He gets out of bed and sprint to the closet, grabbing the baby's bag. He then changed into his grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt and we were on our way to the hospital.

~•~

An Hour Later...

We get to the hospital and I'm taken to the back in a room. I changed into the hospital gown and climb into bed. Michael walks in smiling while I tie my hair in a messy bun.

"Are you scared?" I asked and he shakes his head.

"No, not really. Are you?"

"No. I'm just ready to see and hold our baby."

"Me too baby."

Shortly after the doctor was here, I was in the delivery room getting ready to have our baby. Michael was right by my side, holding my hand while whispering words of comfort to me and telling me how much he loves me.

After hours of pushing and screaming, the room was suddenly filled with the cries of our beautiful baby. Michael and I both had tears in our eyes as we see the doctor hold up our baby covered in my body mush. Michael cuts the umbilical cord and the nurse cleans off our baby, before handing the baby over to Michael.

"What is it?" I asked and Michael looks down.

"It's a... boy." Michael replies, smiling through his tears. He then hands the baby over to me and I don't think I've ever felt so much for someone before.

"He's so beautiful."

"Yes he is, he has your nose."

"He has your eyes, but mostly he looks exactly like you." Michael kiss our son's forehead and he looks up at Michael smiling a little before yawning. Michael and I both share a gentle laugh.

"What are we gonna name him?" I asked.

"I don't know, baby." He whispers and I smiled as a thought came to my mind.

"How about we name him after you?" I look at him and he looks back at me.

"You want to name our son after me?" He asked and I nod.

"Yes. Michael Joseph Jackson Jr." I smiled he smiled back at me.

"That's very sweet of you, Jhene." He looks down at me and I looked up at him.

"I love you, Michael."

"I love you more and thank you for everything. Thank you for giving me love and a beautiful son and for making me the happiest man on earth."

"And thank you for making me the happiest woman on earth." He bends down to kiss me and I smile against his lips when I hear our baby making a cooing sound.

"Aww, he's so cute."

"I know, just like his daddy."