Chapter 3

Jhené

I heard the door opening behind me and I quickly wiped my tears away before Michael could see my face.

"Hey um... are you ready to go?" Michael asked. I nod without saying anything.

I feel like shit right now. I don't even want to know what he thinks of me. He probably thinks that I'm a whore that goes around sleeping with men that I don't even know. I don't know what had gotten into me. I've never done anything like this before. I got up from his bed and slowly walk to the door with my head down, avoiding Michael's face. We walked out of his room and he closed the door behind us.

"Where's Chanel?" I asked, turning to look at him. He puts his hands in his pockets and rock back on his heels with a smile on his face.

"Uh..." He said, scratching his head. "She's in the room with Eric... they're uh... having sex." He said, whispering the last part. My eyes widen.

"What? No. Chanel isn't like that."

He shrugs. "Well... I guess you don't know your best friend as good as you think you do, hm?"

He says with a low chuckle. I glare at him and he smirks as he walks past me. I stood there frozen in shock right now. Chanel never done anything like this before. I mean, yes she's had sex before but not with complete strangers we just met at a club.

"Jhené..." Michael's calls my name, getting me back from my thoughts. I looked up at him.

"I-I don't want to leave her here by herself."

He smiled. "That's sweet but don't worry about her, she's in good hands with Eric. Besides, it's getting late and I think that it's time for you to go home and get some rest, gorgeous."

I felt my cheeks burn. I looked down trying to stop myself from blushing right now. I walked over to him as he held his hand out for me to take. I hesitate a bit, and I looked back down the hall and sighed deeply.

I guess I can trust Michael.

Chanel's in good hands. I shouldn't worry, but I'm still getting this bad feeling. I take Michael's hand and he leads me downstairs. As we're walking to his car, I looked up at the stars in the night sky.

"Beautiful night, isn't it?" I heard Michael ask me. I looked over at him and bit my lip as I look down at the ground.

Ugh... he's so handsome. And his eyes are to die for.

"Yeah..." I said, trailing off. He lets out a deep sigh and I looked up at him, worriedly.

"What's wrong?" I asked. He shakes his head.

"N-Nothing it's..." He takes a deep breath and stops walking.

I turn to face him and he turns to me. We're both staring deeply into each other's eyes and I can feel my heart melt by the way he's staring at me. Something about him makes me feel safe and comfortable. I don't know why he makes me feel this way. I've never felt this way before.

"Jhené, you're really beautiful and I would really like to get to know you." He said stepping closer to me. I swallowed nervously as his eyes pierced right through me.

"You're so gorgeous." He said, caressing my cheek. I looked down but he lifts my chin up.

"I would like to take you out on a date."

I can't believe it. He already wants to take me out on a date.

"Don't worry, it's just a friendly date. What do you say?" He asked. I smiled shyly.

"Y-Yeah... sounds great."

He looks me up and down then grabbed my hand. He opens his car door for me and I smiled softly at him and thanked him before getting in. He's such a gentleman. None of my boyfriends have never opened the door for me before. The drive to my house was silent and it made me feel nervous for some reason.

"So... Jhené."

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at him to find him already staring at me with those beautiful brown eyes. He smiled before turning his attention back to the road.

"Are you from LA?" He asked. I looked down at my hands and nod.

"Yeah. What about you? Are you from here?"

"No, I'm from Gary, Indiana."

I looked over at him. "Really?"

He nods. "Yes.." He replies, laughing softly.

"Why did you move here?" I asked.

"I moved here when I was child with my parents and siblings because the house we had in Gary was too small for all of us, so here I am."

"Oh ok."

Then after that, silence filled the car again, making my ears ring. The silence is killing me and it's making me nervous.

~•~

When we got to my house, Michael being the gentleman he is opens the car door for me. He walks me to my door and here we are standing facing each other. For some reason, I didn't want Michael to go. I feel a connection with him. I don't know what it is, but I think that I might me falling-

No, don't be crazy. You've just met this man.

"Well I had fun tonight and I want to apologize for-"

He cuts me off. "No it's fine, we both... you know? Got caught up in the moment. It's been a while since I've last had sex and all the women that I've been with..." He looks down, sighing.

"Let's just say that I've been hurt so many times and when I saw you... I don't know, but I felt a strong connection pulling us together. You're so gorgeous, Jhené. I would like to get to know you... inside and out." He said, stepping closer to me and stroking my cheek which sent chills up and down my spine, making me shiver.

He slowly leans in to me and kissed my lips softly. I gasp and wrap my arms around his neck as we kissed passionately. His lips are so soft and warm. He continues to caress his lips on mines, making butterflies invade my stomach. I feel like I'm about to faint. He breaks the kiss and I closed my eyes, suddenly remembering to breathe. I swear I almost forgot to breathe. I looked up at him as he licks his lips and looks down.

"You should get inside." He said. I nod my head.

"Yeah um... it was nice-"

"Here's my number." He says handing me a card with his name and number on it. I looked down at it and read it.

"Michael Jackson." I say, smiling as I looked up at him.

"Yes, that's me. Call me when you get the chance, yeah? Maybe we can... set a date for our date or we can talk. I would really like to see you again, Jhené."

I smiled. "I would really like to see you again too Michael, and thank you for the ride."

He smiled. "You're welcome. Good night Jhené." He say, taking my hand and lifting it to his lips, kissing it softly. I blushed.

When I got inside the house, I walk upstairs to my room all happy and shit. I can still feel his lips on mines and I can also feel it on my hand. Just thinking about him is making me get light headed and making butterflies invade my stomach again. Even though I don't really know anything about him, it feels like I've known him all my life, I will like to get to know him. I don't mind being with a man like him. Michael isn't like the guys in my past relationships and I'm really looking to going on that date with him.

Maybe Chanel was right. I really do need to be going after the nice guys, and Michael is one of those nice guys. Hell, maybe we can be together. Maybe he's the one for me. You will never know, right?

But I doubt I will ever have a chance with him. Michael is way out of my league. He's just perfect.