𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐂𝐊 → 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.

𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 :

MASON AND SAGE WERE THREE DAYS into their baby free week. azelia was supposed to be staying with mason's parents anyway, but it falling on the week leading up to mother's day made it better. mason wanted to spend the week with sage alone before taking her out with azelia on the actual day.

he'd been treating her like royalty all week, wanting to make up for his little stunt at the game a few days ago. he also wanted to make up for all the shit he's put her through recently. after having a long ass think in the bathroom mirror, mason came to the conclusion that his toxic behaviour was childish and putting all this stress on someone who's done so much for him was out of order.

he started sage's day off with breakfast in bed, the same thing he's been doing for the past two days. only this time, he decided to go out of his way and make pancakes instead of cereal. sage was overly grateful for the gestures, she appreciated mason giving her a lie in once in a while.

the two decided to have a lazy day. they took a quick shower before changing into tracksuits. sage was doing her skin care routine, which consisted of her just washing her face with a scrub that her mother made. "mason, come here please," she called out to the boy who was in the next room. he was setting up his playstation next to sage's so the two could play gta online together.

he came rushing in with a small smile which dropped upon seeing skin care products sitting on the counter. "no, absolutely not," he deadpanned, already making his way back out the room.

"pleaseee?" she whined looking at him through the mirror. sage saw him roll his eyes, immediately making her frown turn into a big smile. she pulled mason into the bathroom properly and sat him next to the sink.

she bent down to grab the face masks from under the sink, looking up through her eyelashes when she heard mason calling her name. "i get so much deja vu from this angle," he smirked.

"shut up, whore."

"that's what i say when you're too loud," he smirked again. sage pinched his thigh and returned to her normal height. she grabbed an unused makeup brush to apply the mask after wetting his face a little.

after finishing her 'masterpiece' as she called it, she let mason apply her's. he somehow messed up, getting bits of it in her hair and on her lips. "i swear the only thing you can do is play football," sage mumbled while struggling to get bits of the facemask out of her hair.

"not true. i can make really cute children too," mason defended himself as he wrapped his arms around sage, placing kisses on her neck. sage snorted, going on about how that was a two person effort.

THE DAY FLEW BY and before they knew it, mason and sage were cuddling on her sofa. they decided to rewatch rick and morty for the millionth time. mason really was tired of netflix taking forever to release new seasons of shows.

he paused the episode, going to grab another bottle of water from sage's kitchen. a few minutes after he left, his phone lit up with a notification, and another one to follow that.

sage was never one to go through his phone, she felt that it was an invasion of privacy. on top of that, mason had his previews set to always which meant that he didn't need face id to show his notifications.

so, he was either completely honest or didn't care about sage knowing about him cheating. she prayed it was the first option while quickly grabbing his phone to check who texted.

MESSAGES
ashley (hackney) now
i had fun with you yesterday x

MESSAGES
ashley (hackney) now
come nd see me?

MESSAGES
ashley (hackney) 2h ago
attachment : 1 image !

sage thought she was stupid. stupid for believing his bullshit lies, stupid for trusting his half arsed promises. and stupid for actually thinking he had changed, again.

mason was stood with his back to the kitchen door. he was going through the fridge when he felt a sharp pain on the back of his head. "what the fuck?"

" 'what the fuck?' what the fuck is this shit?" she held up his phone, the three notifications still on the screen. "who's ashley?" she asked.

"i don't know," he winced while rubbing the area she hit. mason wasn't sure what set her off this time, knowing even the smallest of things could make sage mad nowadays.

"well it seems like she knows you, so once again; who the hell is ashley?"

"i don't fucking know sage. stop being aggy." she nodded with pursed lips. there was a second of silence before sage threw his phone at the wall, a large crack now visible on the screen.

"fuckin' hell," he jumped from the noise. "what's your problem sage? i just told you i don't know who she is!"

"so why do you have her phone number? you must know her mason." she followed the older into the living room. he couldn't believe that they were now arguing over something so stupid after doing face masks only hours ago.

"i told you my phone password, if you actually looked you would've seen that i didn't reply to any of her messages!" he defended himself, showing her his phone.

"oh, so you do know her?"

"you're missing the point, sage!"

"you probably deleted all your messages, i'm not dumb mason. grow the fuck up," she yelled. sage had told him before that this was his last chance and he still didn't listen. did she mean that little to him?

"i need to grow up? you fucking smashed my phone instead of asking me like a normal person. do you not trust me?" his voice cracked towards the end, however, mason refused to cry over this. it was so dumb, not worth it.

he scoffed when she didn't reply. her silence was more than enough of an answer. "fine, believe what you want innit," he muttered before picking up his keys and walking out of the house, slamming the door behind him.

- T 🖤 !
oopsiesss