𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐂𝐊 → 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎.

𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝟓𝐭𝐡 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒

"UH, HELLO EVERYONE, I'M THE BEST MAN," declan spoke into the microphone as the conversations in the hall slowly died down. "thank you all for coming to mason and sage's wedding, planned by me and kennedy of course.

i just wanted to start by saying that i've been best friends with mason since six, and sage since sixteen. they're probably, other than myself and mason of course, the best duo around.

and i remember the day mason told me he wanted to marry sage. it was after the euro finals in twenty-twenty, when my boy bukayo scored the winning pen — love you bro!. anyway, she was taking pictures with azelia and john on the pitch and mase pulled me aside and said

'i want her marry her dec' and at first i thought he was chattin'. guess not—" he gestured to the newly married couple on his left and let out a little laugh, making the room erupt into broken laughter.

"but honestly i was buzzin' from that moment. if younger us could see this today, they'd be hella proud of us both. honestly. and i'm so proud of you too mase, i wish all the best for you, sage, azelia and azari," the boy finished his speech and went to sit back down; but quickly stopped himself and took the mic from kennedy, "also you owe me a tenner since you got married first mate."

kennedy rolled her eyes and took the microphone back from declan. she cleared her throat and looked onto the sea of people, beginning her small, unprepared speech.

"hi, i'm kennedy, sage's maid of honour. uhm, i've never done this before so i'll just wing it. sage and i accidentally became friends. it was actually mason being a manwhore and my naïve self that led to me finding both an amazing boyfriend and a best friend for life.

the more i got to know her the more i realised that she was one of the most genuine people i've ever met. sage, i'm so happy that you've allowed me to be a godmother to azari, my little bean, and an aunt to azelia — even after the circumstances.

mason, my best friend, please treat her like the diamond she is, because honestly, it's very rare to find a woman like sage in this day and age. i wish the best for you both honestly, may you two be together, forever and ever amen," kennedy wiped the small tear that fell down her cheek and took a seat back next to sage, who immediately grabbed her hand; placing a friendly kiss on it.

sage's older brothers stood up next, having a little mini fight over who gets to hold the microphone. "i'm older bro—"

"okay and i'm taller? give it!" kole snatched the mic and began talking.

"um hello! i'm sage's older brother kole.

so when i first met mason, i thought he was a bit...
y'know—" he cut himself off and did a small hand flick gesture, making some people let out a small laugh and mason flush red in embarrassment.

"and when i saw him take my sister to prom i learned he wasn't but anyways! i remember when mum bought sage home from the orphanage, i was a bit pissed that i had to share a room with sai but i remember thinking 'i would do anything for this girl'.

and i stuck to my word, you lot don't know how many doors i had to kick down for her — and luckily mason's wasn't one of them. nah i'm joking don't worry, but honestly, please treat my little sister right mason 'cause i will send my boys to put you in a ditch. love you bro, welcome to the family!"