𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 → 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄.

𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟗.

"Are we recording now!?" mason asked as he looked into the camera. the producer nodded as the footballer slightly adjusted the tiny microphone attached to his off white jumper. he looked to his left, seeing his wife scanning over the cards one of the directors handed her. he saw her grinning to herself, which only made him break out into a small smile.

the directors yelled for quiet on set before giving mason his cue to speak. he introduced himself and sage did the same before she explained the game they were going to play. the mount's had been invited by GQ to participate in the couple's quiz. at first, sage had no idea why such a known brand wanted them on their youtube channel when they had people like kylie jenner and lauren london appearing on it before. nevertheless, they accepted the offer.

mason couldn't help but stare at sage as she read the first question. he knew he should've been listening but it was almost impossible to focus when someone as beautiful as his wife was sat next to him. sage looked up at him expectingly, waiting for an answer. "sorry, can you say that again please?" he chuckled out with a small blush.

sage looked at him with an 'are you serious' face. "i'm sorry! i was too focused on your beauty, my love," mason apologised again. his heart swelled when sage hid herself with the cards. it made him feel amazing that sage reacted the way she does to his words. he may say them all the time and her reactions are always the same, but it hits every single time.

"you're so corny.." she looked towards the camera with a small smile. she was joking though, of course. "what was the name of my first pet?" the woman repeated for her husband.

this one was easy, mainly because mason had gotten azelia the same pet a few months ago and they decided to rename it after sage's first kitten. "oreo." he mumbled, without thinking. sage nodded her head, signalling he was correct, causing mason to do a small happy dance. the brit was happy that he was off to a good start.

"you're definitely not getting this one," sage snorted as she read the next cue card to herself. mason screwed his face up. his cocky attitude led himself to believe that he'd get all (if not then most) of the questions correct. he gestured for her to read out the question, which she did so. "who is my favourite athlete?"

"easy; me."

she winced, laughing as his face fell. "can you guys edit like a big red 'X' over his face? thanks," sage asked the producers who nodded and wrote her request down on a little notepad. mason, who was still caught up on the fact that he wasn't his wife's favourite athlete, scoffed. "the correct answer is esteban ocon. good guess though babe."

"he doesn't count! f1 isn't a sport ⎯ " he argued playfully.

"well it's a better sport than football..." she sighed under her breath. she wasn't just saying that to wind mason up though, the girl genuinely meant it. a while ago she had the opportunity to attend the silverstone grand prix with all access. she was able to discover the behind the scenes of formula one and meet her all time favourite celebrity, eseteban ocon. immediately when walking into the paddock she realised that f1 was ten times better than football.

"i want a divorce."

"nice try; you said 'till death do us apart'." the two left their mini debate there, promising the viewers to pick it up another time on instagram live. "so ⎯ next one," sage cleared her throat before asking another question, "what did i crave the most during my pregnancy?"

"which one? you've had three," the footballer snorted. she hit him lightly, mumbling something about it being his fault (which one of them totally wasn't). the first pregnancy, azelia, was a complete accident. two teens that were high in a uni dorm ⎯ something was bound to happen. doesn't mean that they love her any less though.

azari wasn't planned either, but they were definitely more prepared. sage's final pregnancy was twins, one boy and one girl. abel and ariana were born on february fourteenth twenty-twenty eight at 11:10 and 11:11 pm. sage believed her easiest pregnancy was her last; she was very much used to the whole having kids thing, making it easy for her. the twins grew quickly and were now a year old. sage felt like she barely saw them during their first few months, with jude and his girlfriend, maia, always wanting to have the kids over. he said he'd rather look after sage's children then have some of his own, which she could understand.

"well with azzy; you loved to eat hot chocolate powder ⎯ don't ask, she's a weirdo," he spoke directly to the camera. "azari you was normal i guess ⎯ you ate a lot of mozzarella sticks though. and for the twins, you always had to get the food from the bridge," he sighed dramatically. "you made me bring home massive boxes of food for 'stock'."

"i love jared's cooking though.." she frowned. "but yes you got all three correct."

"see! everyone tries to tell me that me and sage aren't made for each other. i know my wife!" he exclaimed while reaching over to pull her into a hug. mason attacked her face with small kisses, muffling both of their mic's from their pressed bodies. "i. love. you," he mumbled between kisses.

she didn't say it back. she didn't need to, he didn't need the reassurance that she loved him. mason already knew how much sage adored him. she showed it through other ways; small things like watching movies together or baking cakes with their kids. everything sage and mason done together was out of pure love and maturity.

━━━━ WRITER'S THOUGHTS. . .
ok the book is done fr now bye ily🫶🏽