𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐂𝐊 → 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ( 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈 ).

𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 :

MASON YAWNED AS he took a sleepy azelia out of her car seat. he finally made it to the bridge after a long two hour drive. the boy could make out sage leaning against the stadium, fiddling with her all access pass.

he was dreading their conversation, the last time they talked was before mason tweeted about his weekend with analay. to say it was awkward was an understatement. making his way over, he kissed azelia's head, telling her to go back to sleep.

the two stood opposite each other, a few tense seconds of silence. sage was the first to speak as she gestured for mason to hand over azelia. "i had no idea about analay, mason—"

"it's fine. we'll talk after the game," was the only thing he said before ushering her inside the large building with his hand on the small of her back.

the staff welcomed the two, allowing them to go to the changing rooms. they were both early for the game, the match starting in three hours.

mason pushed open the double doors, shushing all his mates as he gestured to azelia. the room wasn't full with players but it wasn't completely empty. sage made her way inside, sending silent hello's to everyone. "pass the principessa assonnata here," jorginho opened his arms towards azelia. he cooed at her once she was safely in his hold before making his way over to kanté who made a makeshift bed on his lap for the toddler.

sage stood with reece james for around five minutes, mainly because she didn't want to face mason. it pained her to admit he was right. her relationship with aitch went downhill and taking it out on mason seemed like the easiest option. however, both him and analay made it seem like they were secretly seeing each other, so she had every right to be mad.

from the corner of her eye, she could see alonso trying to get azelia out of kanté's hold. sage immediately made her way over, taking her daughter away from the one spaniard and moving over to the other. she took a seat next to kepa, watching as he turned off his phone to face her.

"you okay?"

"alonso is weird as fuck, he creeps me out," she replied, pulling azelia closer into her chest. kepa nodded with a sigh, knowing how he could be sometimes.

"i don't like him either, he's so... fake."

"i thought you guys were best friends?" she questioned with furrowed brows. the last time she checked, kepa and marcos had grown quite close while they were away for the euros a few years ago.

"we were, but then i found out he was slandering me behind my back to the entire team. i only found out when billy and jorginho told me," he explained. "they showed me the messages too, he was saying some personal things about my ex. everyone was defending me except tammy and azpi."

sage's heart hurt for him. kepa was one of the sweetest men she'd ever met and she hated seeing someone so close to her been made fun of. in sage's opinion, marcos was weird as fuck in general but this just made him weirder.

"it's okay keps, he isn't worth it."

A COUPLE HOURS had passed and it was almost time for kick off. the game was only a friendly against spurs, so tuchel decided not to put out his best players just in case anything happens to them. sage had left azelia with kennedy while she quickly went to the changing rooms. she had gotten a text from mason, asking for her to quickly meet him so they could talk about something.

she pushed open the heavy doors to the changing rooms, seeing mason emerge from the showers, messing with his boot laces. it took him a second to notice sage standing in the middle of the large room but his face twisted into confusion once he did. "what are you doing?"

"you texted me, telling me to come meet you in the changing rooms?" she held up her phone as evidence. sure enough there was a message from mason in the notifications centre.

mason felt around for his phone and after realising it wasn't in his pocket, he went to check through his training bag. when he noticed it wasn't sitting in there either, he turned to sage — even more confused than before.

"i don't have my phone on me..." he trailed off. just as the words left his mouth, he heard a lock click ! and a second one to follow after it.

through the small window panes, mason could see phil foden, grinning like a child. around him was declan rice, kennedy bergwijn, analay sincity, james maddison and the rest of their friend group. most importantly he spotted his phone in phil's right hand, the other holding a key.

"son of a bitch—" he ran to the door, immediately banging on it. "kick off's in two minutes you dickhead!" he continued, completely disregarding sage behind him.

"i'm not letting you out 'til yous make up!" the two could hear from the other side of the door. his face still held that cheeky grin, holding up mason's phone just to piss him off a little bit more.

"is azelia okay!?" sage finally asked through the crack between the doors. declan held up his goddaughter, showing that she was perfectly fine and awake.

"be friends again, mummy!" she spoke.

"well mummy's a bit of an arsehole azzy—"

"MASON!" nearly all his friends scolded the footballer.

"okay sorry. we'll make up just for you, love," he said towards azelia, "but let me the fuck out phil or i swear to god i'm telling your racist girlfriend everything that happened in iceland," he threatened.

"we broke up mate, next caller!"

mason was cut off by chants from the stands, he could faintly hear the instrumental to the liquidator playing through the stadium speakers.

"game's starting, we have to go. see ya!" jesse shouted through the fire doors, leading the group away.

"fuck's sake," he swore, going to sit down on the bench. he briefly saw sage move to go sit next to him, but he ignored her presence. instead he turned to the flat screen tv that displayed the game.

"mason, i think we should talk—"

"shhh," he shooed her off, turning back to the tv once again. he didn't mean to be rude but if he was going to be locked in the changing rooms for over an hour, he atleast wanted to keep track of the game. "we'll talk later."

"okay then."

- T 🖤!
HI IM ALIVE LOL