Chapter 2: Awkward Reunion

A/N: Here's chapter 2. Enjoy, people.

And suddenly,
We were strangers again.

Arya:

A dull ache throbbed at the back of my head. I opened my eyes, groaning softly at the bright light. I blinked sleepily and smiled. Then, I realised I was not in my room. Memories crashed through my mind like runaway locomotives and I jumped out of bed, ignoring the sharp pain that accompanied it.

Where am I? Did those boys kidnap me? Was that Kit? Wow I'm hungry. Is there any food? I breathed deeply, forcing myself to calm down. I touched my head lightly, feeling a soft bandage.  What kind of kidnappers help their victims? Absent-mindedly, I scratched my arm, then winced as my sharp nails drew blood.

The door opened and my head snapped towards it. A boy with very dark brown hair and blue eyes stood in the doorway, his arms crossed. I recognised him as one of the murderers from before.

We surveyed each other for a minute in silence. I shifted from foot to foot, unsure how to act in such social situations.

"I'm Nicholas. Call me Nick." He finally introduced.

"Arya." I replied. "Um... what happened exactly?"

"Well, Ethan hit you over the head with a metal bar and knocked you unconscious. Then, we brought you here and Chris bandaged you up." He explained. "I'm gonna tell the others that you're awake." He left.

Well... that was rude. My brain tried to catch up, but latched on to one crucial piece of information. Five murderers were about to enter this room.

I swallowed and checked the room for any weapons I could use to defend myself in case they attacked. I saw my schoolbag was in the corner. Amateur kidnappers.

I opened the front pocket and took out a seemingly harmless pink comb. It was actually a cleverly disguised knife- the handle of the comb being the handle of the knife. I slipped it in the sleeve of my cardigan and sat down on the bed.

Five boys entered the room and my eyes fell on the first one. My heart plummeted and settled somewhere in my intestines.

Nick:

We entered the room where Arya was. She shifted uncomfortably on the bed, her green-eyed gaze flitting between Chris and the floor. Her black locks tumbled over her shoulders and she looked as if she would rather be anywhere but here. Same here, girl.

"So," Isaac clapped his hands, clearing his throat, "Arya-"

"Why did you leave me?" The temperature seemed to drop about ten degrees after Chris's words.

Arya looked up, as if she was expecting this question. "It was for your own good."

Chris stared at her in disbelief, "What the hell Arya?! For my own good? Do you have any idea what you've put me through the last two years?"

Crunch.

We all looked at Caleb. He was actually eating a bag of popcorn.

"What?" He spoke through a mouthful, "I'm hungry. You two carry on, though." He gestured to Arya and Chris.

I facepalmed. Sometimes, I really question how we could be related.

"I didn't have a choice." Arya said softly. "You don't understand-"

"WELL OF COURSE I DON'T!" We all flinched as Chris screamed. "One day, we were best friends. The next, you were ignoring me and not telling me WHY!"

A tear traced down Arya's cheek, swiftly followed by another. She took a shuddering breath. "One day, you'll understand why I did it. I'm so sorry Kit."

Me and the others exchanged a look of surprise, confusion and shock. Chris hated being called Kit. He said the name brought up some bad memories.

Who is this girl? I wondered.

Chris looked like he'd been sucker-punched in the stomach and then slapped with a hammer. He gaped like a fish and then shook his head, leaving the room.

"There, there." Caleb said, patting Arya's back, "It'll turn out okay in the end."

She laughed, a broken sound that hurt my heart slightly. "Thank you. Sorry, but what's your name?"

"The name's Martinez. Caleb Martinez- seventeen years. Blonde Superman over there is Isaac- he's nineteen and the oldest. Goth Boy over there is Ethan, he's eighteen. You've already met Chris. And that's Nick- my less awesome twin." I rolled my eyes and punched his arm.

She chuckled, "Nice to meet all of you. I'm Arya McKenzie, age seventeen." She paused for a minute. "Um... when can I go home, by the way? My family might get worried."

"You can go once your injury is healed up- around a week or so." Isaac said, "You can contact your family if you like."

She frowned. "Wait, you're just gonna... let me contact my family? And let me go home? What kind of kidnappers are you?!"

Isaac shrugged. "Why not? You're still technically a minor- we don't kidnap little kids- and there's literally no point in keeping you here." What is he up to?

"But don't try to contact the police or tell your family where you are," Ethan said gruffly, running a hand through his black hair, "otherwise we'll have to kill you."

Shockingly, Arya seemed faintly amused by this. "Okay. I won't tell anyone."

End of chapter 2.

Why do you guys think Isaac is gonna let Arya go home?

I hope you guys liked it!

Stay safe and thanks for reading :)