Chapter 1: Llama

I'll choose happiness. Every damn time.

Author's note:

Okay, so, the characters in this book drink wine. Now, wine is a alcoholic drink for adults, kiddies. So I don't want you to have any until you're at LEAST thirty years old and EVEN THEN get a doctor's note, parents permission, drink responsibly and NEVER operate heavy machinery or drive while under the influence. Yeah, yeah it might look inviting and all the "cool kids" drink but trust me, they're gonna regret life when they wake up with a killer hangover and achieve heart and liver disease.

Okay, I think that covers all the legal stuff. On with ze story.

Arya: (SIX YEARS LATER)

"Caleb, why is there a llama in the living room?"

Caleb fidgeted. "So, basically, I was at the store and I... accidentally bought a llama?"

"I can see that." Isaac said calmly, but I could tell there was a storm brewing deep inside. "But why did you bring it here?"

"Did you at least get the milk?" I asked, looking up from my book. "You know, the reason you went to the store in the first place?"

Caleb's eyes widened and he sucked in a breath. "Ohhh that's what I forgot."

"Idiot." I muttered fondly while the vein in Isaac's forehead throbbed dangerously.

"You know you're going have to take it back, right?" Isaac asked, but we all knew it wasn't a request.

Caleb's jaw dropped and he hastily covered the llama's ears. "Shhh! Sparklemuffin can hear you!"

"Sparklemuffin. You named it Sparklemuffin." Ethan blinked, then pinched the bridge of his nose. "Am I high right now?"

I shrugged and turned the page. "Dunno, you might be. Eaten any suspicious cookies lately?" Believe it or not, this is actually pretty normal for a Monday afternoon.

"Back to the matter at hand." Isaac interrupted, massaging his temples. "Caleb, you will have to return...Sparklemuffin."

"Ah... there's a little pretty problem with that." Caleb chuckled nervously. "Thing is... the dude I bought it from said I can't return it until Wednesday... Besides, he's so cute and fluffy! Please can we keep him?" He whined like a little kid trying to convince his parents to buy him a new toy. It was very amusing.

"No." Zack ordered firmly. "We cannot keep Sparklemuffin."

My phone pinged at that moment, alerting me to a new message. I swiped right and opened it, a huge smile stretching across my face as I did so.

"I got the interview!" I squealed, throwing my arms around Kit.

A few months ago, the company I was working at unexpectedly shut down due to huge losses, and I was made jobless. The boys had offered to use their connections to help score a good interview- but I'd declined, wanting to actually earn my job. I'd sent my resume out to a affluent company last week, and today, they'd finally replied.

"YES!" The boys squealed and hugged me, sandwiching me in the middle. They acted as if I got the job rather than the interview. Even Sparklemuffin seemed happy for me.

"This is cause for a celebration!" Ethan declared. "Bring out the drinks!"

I laughed lightly. "But I haven't even got the job yet!"

"I know." He shrugged. "But I'm always looking for a good reason to drink decent wine so congratulations Ree!"

"Sparklemuffin is happy for you too!" Caleb beamed enthusiastically, then turned hopefully to Zack. "Are you sure we can't-"

"Very sure." Zack interrupted as Nick entered the room holding a bottle of wine and a lemonade for me. I wasn't a big fan of alcohol and I always found it amusing to be sober while the boys got completely drunk.

"Too Arya!" Ethan declared, raising his glass. "May she always be happy and healthy!" I winced, but hopefully no one noticed.

"So, Ree which company are you gonna work at?" Nick asked.

"Might work at." I corrected. "It's called Paulson Enterprise and their CEO is I think... Fredrick Paulson?"

Nick furrowed his eyebrows. "Hmm... that name sounds familiar."

I shrugged. "Well, it's pretty well known business so that might be where you heard it from."

But his frown only intensified. "No, I don't think-"

"AHHH! YOU STUPID ANIMAL!" Zack shrieked, drawing our attention to him. Sparklemuffin had spat on him, and was looking pretty damn proud of himself. "CALEB! If you don't take that spit machine outside, I SWEAR we'll be having llama stew tonight!"

Caleb's eyes widened and he clutched his heart in horror, the wine sloshing slightly in his glass. "You wouldn't dare!"

"Try me." Zack growled, looking at him in the eyes.

With an overdramatic sniff, Caleb gently tugged the animal's leash. "Come on Sparklemuffin, don't pay attention to these fools." He stormed out the room and the llama glared at us haughtily and strutted after him.

"Happy Monday everyone!" Ethan downed his third drink in one go.

"Happy Monday." I murmured.

End of chapter 1.

Kinda short and bad but it's more of a filler- next few chapters will be longer and better!

Qotc:

1. Thoughts on Sparklemuffin?

2. How do you think Nick remembers Paulson?

3. What do you think is gonna happen next?

I hope you guys liked it!

Stay safe and thanks for reading :)