Chapter 7: Brace Yourselves

A/N: Here's chapter 7. Enjoy, people. 

You deserve happiness.
So I left.

(Two weeks later)

Arya:

I hate living here.

Correction: I hate living with the boys.

Every damn day, I was woken up by either shouting, an air horn or an elephant (long story- Caleb wanted a pet). It was a bloody nightmare.

Fortunately, my head had fully healed by now- so I could finally take that itchy bandage off. But I wasn't allowed to go to school- just in case someone told my family where I was. That had been an interesting conversation.

"Hey Arya." Isaac came into my room and leaned against my wall. "I think it'd be best if you don't go to school for a few days."

I made a face. "why?"

"In case someone recognises you." Ethan explained.

I huffed. "Fine. I understand, I guess. But can one of you get some work for me from school? Just so I have something to occupy myself with and so I don't fall too far behind."

Caleb frowned and tilted his head slightly to the right. "But... we don't go to your school?"

I stared at him. "You're kidding right? I hope, for your sake, you're kidding." When he and the others- except from Kit- continued to look confused, I threw my hands in the air. "Oh for heaven's sake! I'm in your bloody Math's class."

"What?" He chuckled and shook his head as if  I was the one being crazy. "No you're not!"

"I sit two seats away from you!"

Caleb laughed. "No you don't! Two seats away from me is a crazy chick who wears big hoodies and has a weird obsession with Skittles- oh... you're the crazy chick who wears big hoodies and has a weird obsession with Skittles."

"Yeah." I rolled my eyes.

It had taken a lot of Skittles for me to forgive them.

"Hey Ree." Isaac said, sitting next to me on the couch. "Our friends are coming over here in a bit so-"

"I'll be in my room." I stood up without lifting my gaze from the book.

"Wait, wait." He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down. I let out a puff of air in irritation, closing my book. I hated it when people interrupted my reading time- and I wasn't afraid to show it.

"We want you to meet our friends- I think you'll like them." He smiled. I did not.

"Isaac, Isaac, Isaac." I sighed heavily. "You will only introduce me to your friends when you don't want them to be your friends anymore."

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Why?"

"Basically, I hate people."

His eyebrows shot up in surprise. "But you like us!" I stayed silent and he stared at me in shock. "Wow... just- wow. Anyways, I think you'll like them and vice versa. They come round here a lot so it would be good if you meet them."

I shook my head. "Sorry, Zac. No can do."

"Fine." He slumped out of the room. I sat back down and continued reading my book.

Isaac:

I went to the movie room. The others had put on something, and they looked extremely bored.

"Hey Chris, I wanna ask you something about Arya." I said, sitting on the soft couch.

He paused the movie and turned to me. "Go on."

"Well, I asked her if she wanted to meet our friends and-"

Chris groaned and slapped a hand to his forehead. "Oh no! You idiot! Why would you do that?"

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Arya hates people." He explained. "I mean, the first time we met, she shoved my face in a sandcastle and then tried to drown me because I asked her what her name was."

"Damn." Ethan chuckled. "How old was she?"

"About two."

We were stunned into silence. My fear and respect for Arya grew.

"When the others come over, she'll probably just say hi and then go to her room." Chris suggested. "And don't stop her- especially if she's reading- otherwise she will rip your head off. And possibly castrate you."

I nodded. "Okay. Got it. Let's-"

"WHO ARE YOU?!" A powerful voice boomed and we jumped up.

"SOMEONE TRYING TO READ!" Arya screamed back.

We shared a look and sprinted downstairs. In the living room, our friends were gathered around the couch- guns pointed to Arya. Her face was like a thundercloud and I feared more for the lives of my friends than hers.

"Zac, who's this?" Blake asked.

"Hi. I'm Arya." She said loudly. "And you are...?"

"Blake." He responded. "Why are you here?"

"Long story." Ethan hastily interjected. "Arya, meet Blake, age seventeen, Wyatt, age sixteen. You can put your guns down guys." They did so, albeit slightly reluctantly.

"Oh, by the way, Ashley is coming." Blake smirked, his blue eyes shining in amusement.

We all groaned and Arya frowned in confusion. "Who's Ashley?"

"Caleb's clingy girlfriend." Ethan explained. "Except, she treats him like a possession and blows up whenever he talks to other girls. She also believes we are her best friends or something and is just irritating in general."

"Then why don't you break up with her?" She asked Caleb.

He snorted. "Believe me, I've tried. She always thinks I'm joking or something." The doorbell rang and Nick went to answer it.

"Brace yourself." Wyatt muttered. 

End of chapter 7. 

I hope you guys liked it!

Stay safe and thanks for reading :)