Chapter 4: Jacob

A/N: Here's chapter 4. Enjoy, people.

We're all trying to forget someone.

Arya:

I dialled Jacob's number, my heart thudding wildly as it rang. For a second, I contemplated telling the police, but quickly dismissed the idea. I don't want to know what the boys would do to me if I did that.

"Hello?" A tired voice mumbled.

"Jacob." I whispered.

"Arya? Oh my God, where've you been? Are you okay? Are you in danger?-"

"Jake!" I cut in, "don't worry, I'm kind of fine-"

"What do you mean by 'kind of'? Are you hurt?-"

"Jacob! I'm fine. Just got a minor injury. My kidnappers-"

"KIDNAPPERS-?!"

"-have stitched me up and they said I could go once I'm fully healed." I quickly finished before he could interrupt again.

"You don't believe them, right?"

I scoffed, "Of course not. I'm not stupid."

"Debatable."

"Shut up." I retorted and he laughed. "Can you track my location?"

He sighed deeply, "The things I do for you." I rolled my eyes. "But sure."

"There's another thing." I paused, making sure no one was listening. "Chris is one of my kidnappers."

"Chris? As in, Christopher Moon? The guy whose heart you obliterated and stomped on?-"

"No need to put it like that." I snapped.

"-and I'm not even sure why you did it, to be perfectly honest. It was very stupid-"

"Shut up, Jacob." I rolled my eyes, smiling slightly. "I had my reasons. I have to go now."

"Bye, Ree. I'll track you down. Stay safe, okay? Love you."

"Love you too, Jakey." I cut the call and harshly wiped my eyes. I went back to the living room and wordlessly handed the phone back to Isaac.

I sat down on the floor, scooting away from them. I stared at the screen, not really watching the movie as my thoughts bounce around in my head. I looked over at the boys. They were laughing and joking around.

It was almost hard to believe that I'd seen them kill three guys in cold blood.

So lost in my thoughts, I didn't realise the movie had ended and the credits were rolling, just stared blankly at the scene, getting dragged back into a vortex of memories.

A hand clamped on my shoulder and I whipped round, pressing my blade against Chris's neck.

Instantly, four guns were aimed at me.

Oh coconuts. I thought, chuckling nervously as Chris raised an eyebrow. He took the knife from me and his friends lowered their guns slowly, watching me with wary eyes.

"Sooo..." I trailed off, standing up, "Now that I have made it weird, I'm going to make my exit." I backed out of the room. Only a fool turns their back on their enemies...or even their friends. I mean, look at Julius Caesar.

I walked to the kitchen and started looking in the fridge, humming a random tune. I grabbed a pot of Nutella that sat on the second shelf, along with some bread.

I turned around let out a startled scream.

The Murderous Five were behind me, arms crossed and looking at me expectantly.

"Um... hi?" I waved and continued making my sandwich. The boys continued looking at me. I set my knife down and raised an eyebrow at them. "I know I'm gorgeous but no need to stare. If you want an autograph, just ask."

"Why do you have a knife?" Nick asked, ignoring my comment.

I stared at him, confused, "To.. spread Nutella on my bread? What else would I use? A fork?"

"Not now, before." He elaborated.

I snorted, "I'm a girl living in the twenty-first century. Why wouldn't I have a knife?"

"Fair point." Nick admitted.

I continued spreading the chocolate substance on my bread. "Is that all or-?"

"What're you making?" Caleb asked, sitting down on one of the stools in front of the counter.

I shrugged. "I can't cook and I'm hungry so I'm making a Nutella sandwich."

"Can I have one, please?" He asked excitedly.

"No." Isaac responded immediately. "You've been having too many sweets lately. It's not good for you!"

Caleb stuck his tongue out childishly, making me chuckle. I cut half of my beautiful sandwich and pushed it over, making him gasp in excitement. It took a lot for me to willingly hand over my food. Food is ranked a close second in the things I love- after Jacob.

Isaac reprimanded Caleb while Nick and Ethan videoed the scene with Kit laughing in the background. I quietly finished my inadequate meal and slipped away to the room.

From my bag, I took out the last pills from a small white bottle. I quickly put it back and checked the date on the calendar in the room. I sighed and pressed my temples, feeling an overwhelming urge to throw up.

I sat on the edge of the bed and groaned, clutching my head and trying to force oxygen into my lungs. I curled up and closed my eyes, fighting off the nausea. Soon, I managed to drift off into a pleasantly pain-free sleep.

End of chapter 4.

What do you guys think of the story so far?

I hope you guys liked it!

Stay safe and thanks for reading :)