Like father like son

i guess this is like months after y'all got back together?? and sorry but you just gonna get back with em ig 😭 but like sorry if it's long
__________

"Do they have anything edible in the shithole?" You spat. "Look at the jello, it's fucking concrete."

"I see," Lidia said as she flipped through her notebook for school. Y'all never could stay in school without skipping some class. "You know this place ain't as good as the Dingo."

"Yeah but this is breaking several laws." You looked at it in disgust.

"You wanna go skip somewhere else?" She asked but you shook your head and poked at the jello.

"Nah, they're the only diner with a jukebox," You sighed. "Here, gimme some money so I can get this god awful song out my ears."

She handed you some change and watched her go off. You usually weren't in that bad of a mood but you couldn't help it.

"Say, is there anything wrong?" She asked when you irritably sat back down.

"God, there's a million fucking things wrong," 
You sighed and rubbed your eyes. "You know who I've been messing with?"

"Winston?"

"No the muffin man, yeah Winston," She nodded while playing with the sausage she got. You looked around and leaned closer to her. "He got me pregnant."

"WHAT?!" She yelled and stood up. Everyone looked at you two and you pulled her back down quickly.

"Shh, I don't want the whole neighborhood to know!"

"Oh this is not good girlfriend," She bit her acrylic nail nervously. "If anybody finds out and blabs-"

"Then I'm going to be snubbed for the rest of my life," You sighed and buried your face in your hands. "I don't got the time or money to be taking care of a baby."

"Well maybe you need to talk it out with your baby daddy." While that would be a good idea, it was scary.

"Yeah maybe."
__________

You walk into Buck's bar and seeing his face made you want to walk out but he had already met eyes with you. He was finessing money out of some shady looking guys. "Alright, move outta my way, my lady is here."

"What's happenin' doll?"

"Can I talk to you, in private maybe?" He only walked to a corner with no one in it. "Look, I'm going to say it straight up, I'm pregnant."

He furrowed only his eyebrows like he didn't hear you and pointed to his ear.

"I'm pregnant Dal, knocked up, with child," You repeated so he'd get the memo. His shifty eyes had a bit of alert to them. He sat in silence for a minute, only puffing out a bit of smoke out. "Please say something."

Out of all the things he said, he said this. "It ain't mines right?"

"Wait- excuse me?" How could the guy you lost your virginity too say some shit like THAT. "Yeah it's yours."

"Well, uh, what do you want me to do?"

"I dunno know maybe take care of it?"

"Nah that's not gonna work," He leaned back in his chair and kicked his feet up on the table nonchalantly. "And you sure ain't ready for one either."

"Dal what am I going to do?" You put your hands over your eyes in distress. "Just have a baby all by myself?"

"Y/n I don't do kids."