The pinocchio date

i'm sorry if this is long i thought a nice long lil story would make up for the time 😭 btw the title came out my ass
___________

"Hey Dar, have you seen my jeans?" Soda asked as he walked into the living room in his underwear. No answer.

"Where's Darry?" He peeked in the kitchen to see if he was there.

"I dunno," Pony shrugged as he got his notebooks together to leave for school. "In his room I guess."

"Nah, he's in the bathroom" Two-bit said with a mouth full of bacon.

Soda turned to the door and knocked on it. Still no answer. "You in there Dar?"

He put his ear up to the door and heard humming. He slightly pushed the door open to a happy Darry smiling at... the wall?

"Uh... Darry?" Pony said as he said as he came to Soda's side to see what was wrong.

"Huh- oh hi" He gave a big grin. "You know today is such a nice day? it's nice weather, bird are chirping an' everything."

"I guess? where is my jeans at?" Soda backed up a little.

"Oh uh, I dunno" He drifted off with a even bigger grin on his face.

"What's got you smiling?" He perked up like a curious cat.

"Oh.. this girl."

Everyone's nosy selves heard that sentence. "Pfttt no way."

"Yeah, I got the prettiest date tonight" He was in outer space at this point.

The only reason no one was believing it was because the last time Darry said this, it was only to get everyone out of the house for one night. He started doing it almost all the time when it proved effective until they asked to meet this "mystery girl". Of course, that backfired.

"Yeah right, your just trying to get us out the house" Soda rolled his eyes as he frustratedly went to go look for his jeans.

That snapped him out of his daze quickly. "No, I'm serious this time."

Everyone laughed it off and started leaving. He sighed and got his stuff together. They'd just have to find out on their own.
________

"So, Darry, what do you do for a living?" You were the date in question. You met each other in a bar after he watched you chug vodka and nearly die. Not literally of course but to you it felt like real death.

"I roof houses," He was trying to hide anything about his past or brothers to not turn you off. "And what do you do?"

"I'm a secretary," You sighed, rolling your eyes at the slight mention of your job. "It ain't exactly what I wanna do, but I make it work."

"I know how you feel," Darry chuckled. "Shit, there's a bunch of stuff I have to make work these days."

"Oh? you look like roofing would be your dream job?" You teased. He shook his head.

"Nah, I'd rather fall off a roof than work sometimes."

You giggled so hard you snorted, making him laugh too. The date went pretty well, although it started to get a little dirtier when you accidentally said a sex joke. You mentally cussed yourself out to be more of a lady before you scared him off.