5) Library Daydream - Namjoon

It was 10am which meant that the library was officially open to the public. Not that Namjoon minded, it was never busy and he thoroughly enjoyed his job. 

Namjoon was a lifelong learner, always ready to expand his knowledge. He was very knowledgeable about various topics, and a key resource in recommendations. He spent most of the time at his job reading the thousands of books available to him, helping people check books out, or helping students with their projects.

While Namjoon never planned on continuing to work a library after college, but it paid well; not to mention how perfectly it fit into his peaceful lifestyle. Needless to say, he couldn't complain too much. Originally he wanted to be a businessman and work for a high end tech company, but after working part-time at a library while at college he decided to assume a full time position until he could figure out what he truly wanted to do. Currently he was leaning more towards potentially opening a book and record store, but he didn't want to make too many big plans in case his soulmate had other ideas. As for now, he was perfectly content as a librarian. His favorite part was helping out the college students with their research projects. While to them it felt like cheating, it really wasn't. The local college would often contact Namjoon to meet up with students to discuss their research proposals, which he would then go and find resources for them. Other times he would be asked to proof-read or even 'grade' some of their students' work as an outside opinion. Of course the college was paying him to do all this, so it was a nice form of additional income.

Today was specifically slow since school had just gotten out so there were no more major research projects to focus on for the next few months, besides the occasional accelerated student attempting to graduate early by taking summer classes. Namjoon had already done his rounds, organizing and putting away books that had been returned, so he made his way back over to the front desk. He was currently invested in Jung's Map of the Soul: An Introduction, he had minored in psychology as an undergrad so he found this one appealing. He figured not many people would be showing up since it was also the middle of the week, and if they needed anything they knew to just simply knock on the counter to get his attention; there was also a sign on the counter that said 'knock for assistance'. Namjoon did his best to concentrate on his book but his mind began to wander while looking at his wrist; he couldn't help but think about what his soulmate would be like.

Namjoon hadn't met his soulmate yet, but also didn't actively look for them. He didn't want to just barge into their life and completely ruin their plans with his appearance. He believed that their first meeting should happen naturally, that it would occur when the universe believed they both were ready to be with each other. Call him cliche, but he was a 'romance in fate' kind of guy. He thought of his parents, an ideal couple, the type everyone envied. Even though Namjoon lived on his own he still visited his parents often, maintaining a healthy relationship with them. There was never any pressure on Namjoon to find his soulmate because they knew it would happen when it was meant to happen. No sense of rushing it, if it will lead to pain. Sometimes Namjoon did want to just drop everything and follow his mark to his soulmate but he also wasn't an irrational person or selfish. He wasn't going to lie to himself though, he knew deep inside that he wanted nothing more than to meet his soulmate and treat them with nothing but care and respect. He would love someone who could sit with and talk to about everything and anything, or even just sit in a comfortable silence while they each do their own thing. While Namjoon wasn't much for skin-ship, the one thing he absolutely wanted to do the most was wrap his arms around them while they are doing something, or drift off to sleep while holding them.

*knock knock*

The sound of someone knocking on the counter snapped Namjoon out of his thoughts about his soulmate and back into the real world. He looked up to see who it was but was only met with the annoying but charming smile of his best friend, Jackson.

"Oh hey, I didn't realize you walked in, I was too caught up in my book." Namjoon greeted while standing up from his chair. "Is there something I can help you with or are you here just to chat?"

"Dude, it's currently 4:45 and the library closes at 5 when school is out, so I thought we could get some dinner and catch up. I invited Mark, Ken and Jin along too. The last time we all saw each other was right after graduation. That was like a year ago!" Jackson replied to Namjoon, half asking him to join and half telling him that he will join. "Hey, if you're worried about paying, Jin said it's on him since it was originally his idea. We are going to his family's restaurant anyway." Jackson added on once he saw the hesitation in Namjoon, knowing he wasn't one for social gatherings in unfamiliar places.

"Sure, I guess I'm in. I've missed you guys and it'll be nice to see everyone again in person." Namjoon said, finally deciding to give in.

"Great! I'll let the guys know and I'll wait outside for you since you only have a few minutes left until close. I'm sure you want to freshen up a bit too." Jackson said the last part while pinching his nose jokingly.

"Umm excuse me sire, but I do not smell" Namjoon rolled his eyes offended. "But alright, I'll be out in a bit." Namjoon said shooing Jackson away so he could start his work to close the library for the day.

"Roger that!" Jackson replied giving his signature wink before heading out.

After Jackson left Namjoon gave himself a mini pep-talk before walking out of the library bathroom to leave for dinner, "Okay, if I'm lucky maybe the stars will align correctly for me and I'll meet my soulmate tonight, but if not I'm here to have a good time and enjoy being with my friends."