14) Question - Namjoon

It was now Sunday so the library was closed meaning that Namjoon had the day off, his only day off in fact. Namjoon could've taken another day off but he chose not to, he was always worried that something would go wrong and he would need the extra money. He also was saving up so he could spoil his soulmate when they met, but he didn't want to think about that too much.

After eating breakfast, around 11am, Namjoon got a call from Jin, asking if he would be willing to meet for dinner that night. Namjoon of course agreed since he knew Jin doesn't like staying out too late and he would still have the entire afternoon to work on his new SoundCloud project and run some errands. It was also nice for Namjoon because it gave him a reason to actually get up and get things done before he ended up wasting another day away.

Sticking to his original plan, Namjoon ran some errands, mostly getting groceries and other miscellaneous things before heading back home and working on more music. He was really invested into his current project, however, he couldn't find the right lyrics to it. He knew he would have to ask Jin for some help on who would sing it anyway. He was sure one of the trainees would jump at the opportunity, but he had to make sure it was perfect first. Which, in his opinion, was far from it. I was just missing something, but he couldn't figure out what. 

He spent the remainder of the afternoon trying to figure out what exactly was missing but came to no final conclusion. Soon enough it was almost time for him to meet up with Jin. He took a quick shower and changed to look a bit more presentable. Jin told him it would just be a short meet up anyway at a small restaurant so it wasn't that big of a deal. When he got there he realized that Jin had arrived at the restaurant first even though Namjoon had gotten there 10 minutes early.

"Hey Joon it's great to see you again! Thanks for taking up this offer on such a short notice!" Jin greeted his friend with a bright smile.

"Of course Jin! You know it's my off day so it's not like I was doing much anyway." Namjoon said as he took a seat across from the elder. "Why did you want to meet up on such short notice anyway? You never do this unless it's important." Namjoon questioned, and as soon as Jin was about to respond Namjoon began bombarding him with questions, "Omg did something bad happen? How is Ken? Are your parents okay? Are your terminally ill? Did you go bankrupt? Do you not want to be fr-"

"Well if you would let me speak I would tell you." Jin cut Namjoon off, knowing how worried the latter would get if he let him ramble on. "Don't worry everything is fine, I actually have an offer for you. Well, it's more like one of my producers needs help." Jin continued, waiting for Namjoon to nod in acknowledgment for him to continue, which he did. "You see my top producer Yoongi, you may know him by his underground name Agust D, is having a bit of a writer's block. I can't stand seeing him struggle anymore and he recently went through some family issues which makes it all worse. Anyway, I kinda suggested that you two should meet up and work together. He already has a pile of different lyrics, but he can't seem to find the proper beat to fit any of them. He's a perfectionist and takes his work very seriously, but he could use some help despite how much he refuses to admit it. You were the first person I thought of that would be able to help him. I know you don't like going to social events but you are good with people, so dealing with him shouldn't be too bad. Be persistent but not forceful when you are around him, and don't raise your voice. He really is a good guy once your break through his outer shell. That is, if you are willing to work with him, I'll pay you like we would for anyone helping my company out of course."

"Oh, wow. I never expected that, but ummm sure? I guess I could help him out. I've never really thought about working with someone else. But yeah, I can do that. Oh just please don't think I'm solely doing this for the money. To be honest, I've kinda been stuck myself while producing. I have so many beats but no lyrics to go with them." Namjoon said with a slight pout while thinking back to his frustration earlier today. "Wait, does he even know who I am? If he doesn't normally like working with people, why did he all the sudden decide to work with me, other than the fact that you told him we are friends?" Namjoon questioned.

"Oh about that. I asked him if he had anyone in mind, or I would bring in my friend, and he said RM. Which unless you forgot who you are, that's you. I was so shocked because he's never taken any interest in another producer, let alone anyone, like that. I guess Hoseok recommended you to him after working with a handful of the trainees who are obsessed with your work. He actually sounds really excited about meeting you and working with you so please don't mess this up. It's not only about Jimin's comeback song, Yoongi is a very sensitive person and has been through a lot, please be careful but don't treat him any different than anyone else." Jin explained to Namjoon. "Also I want you to meet each other before starting to work since he's pretty anti-social and could use some more social interactions on a daily basis. I know you work until 5pm since that's when the library closes, so how about meeting up at my family's restaurant at 6:30pm next Monday, a week from tomorrow, for dinner and you can meet Jimin and Hoseok. Ken will also be there alongside Yoongi and myself of course." Jin more or less told Namjoon rather than asking if he was available.

"That's fine Jin, works for me." Namjoon replied.

The remainder of dinner carried on as normal but as they went to part their own ways for the night Jin said one last thing to Namjoon, "I know that when you meet him, Yoongi might not seem like the friendliest, but he's just not used to being around a lot of people and interacting with them. I really hope you two become friends, not only because the both of you could use a decent social life, but because I think you will be good for him. You both are soulmate-less and he always feels bad having to make the JiHope couple change their plans to accommodate him despite them gladly doing so. If you are able to break through to him, please, and I really mean this, please don't leave. He's been through so much already, and he doesn't deserve any of it nor does he deserve any more pain."

"Of course I won't Jin. I will do my very best to make him happy and pull him out of his dark place just like I did to you when your family first rejected your dreams and kicked you out for a bit." Namjoon replied, now even more determined to help Yoongi.

"Thank you Namjoon, it really means a lot. I'll see you at dinner, take care until then." Jin replied with a wave as he got into his car.

"Bye Jin, see you next Monday at 6:30pm." Namjoon waved back before getting into his own car and driving home.