22) Writing - Namjoon

Back to the weekday also meant back to work, and with one week until deadline Namjoon and Yoongi couldn't be more stressed. Namjoon had already taken the week off since he had so many vacation days to use. Yoongi didn't know that, and Namjoon was glad he didn't. 

While Yoongi was in his studio working away, Namjoon had gotten a key to one of the spare studios from Jin and was working there. Hoseok and Jin made sure to stop in to provide some help too throughout the week. The goal was to surprise Yoongi later that week, not he weekend if necessary if they really need more time with the song. 

Thankfully, Hoseok had done some lyric writing and producing when he first joined JinHit and Jin had obviously done everything so that was nice. Jimin and Hoseok had also agreed to choreograph a routine to it as soon as possible when the song was done. They planned it to be a surprise for everyone.

"How's it going Namjoon, getting much done?" Jin inquired.

"I'd like to think I've gotten a lot done but I still need an intro, hook and outro. I also feel like it could use a post chorus too." Namjoon replied back.

"Well, show us what you've got so far and your current ideas, and maybe we'll be able to help you." Hoseok said, very eager to help out and bring this idea to a reality.

After listening to the instrumental and trying to piece together how Namjoon wanted the lyrics to sound with the music, both Jin and Hoseok were even more determined to get this done.

"Do you mind if I add in my own part to the lyrics? You said you wanted to make this about soulmates so I have some ideas on what to add. It's based on Jimin and I's relationship as soulmates." Hoseok spoke up after.

"Do your thing Hoseok, I need all the help I can get to get this done in the next few days. I plan to have You and Jimin do a demo tomorrow night. When I come back in the morning we will fine tune it to see what we like and don't and the goal is to have a final draft by Wednesday night. Then that gives you and Jimin till Saturday to choreograph. I'm hoping to show him it on Saturday and then we can all go out to dinner at Jin's family restaurant. The idea is that we tell him we are going to dinner but instead make a detour here for the performance. " Namjoon replied back.

"Alright, sounds like a plan so how's this for the intro?" Hoseok questioned showing Namjoon his notebook, having put together some inspiration from a page of Yoongi's lyric book.

"Oh I can add to this too! Ken and I might not have the type of soulmate bond that Hoseok and Jimin have but I think this would work!" Jin suddenly piped in.

"That's perfect, cause now I can add in my soulmate phrase again!" Namjoon exclaimed, really enjoying how this all was turning out.

"I think what we just came up with will be perfect for the intro and verse one, pre-chorus and was able to connect it to the chorus. Verse two will be what I had before but it still felt like it was missing something between the bridge and the chorus. I think a third verse will really tie things together before the last chorus and outro though." Namjoon said, not being able to quite figure out what was missing.

The three of them all put their heads together and after a bit longer they were able to piece together, Hoseok was able to piece a third verse.

"And after that just go straight into the chorus again, but you're right we are still missing something after the chorus." Hoseok spoke after sharing what he had written down but scribbled out multiple times to make it better.

"How is this?" Jin asked, showing Namjoon his paper.

You showed me heaven, you set me free. Nothing can bring us apart, cause you got the best of me. Stay next to my heart, so please just don't leave me, you got the best of me.

"Jin you are actually the best, that works perfectly!" Namjoon said. "Now just an outro is all we have left.

"What if we made the outro the same as the intro, but when we perform it, Jimin and I will change who sings which line. That way we can both say it but to each other?" Hoseok suggested.

"Oh thank god, I have smart friends. That works perfectly. Now let's take a few minute break and then get to dividing the lyrics up, so we can get a demo done tonight." Namjoon glanced over at the clock, very thankful that it was only 5pm which meant that Jin and Hoseok could take the piece to Jimin to start practicing vocals and Namjoon could head up to Yoongi's studio to pretend to work. Namjoon was going to chime in some ideas that they used on the actually version but nothing too much. 

Yoongi wasn't actually feeling too good that day because his pain meds got changed so he was feeling a bit drowsy. They ended up calling it a night early and were home by 7:45pm. 

The rest of the week basically went the same. Jimin and Hoseok were able to make the demo, fine tune i and record the final draft all int he same say since they were able to get the lyrics all finished Monday. 

"This is great! We will start choreographing right away!" Hoseok was excited, dance was his and Jimin's strong suit.

"Perfect, I guess I will go back home and come in later to help Yoongi, let me know how far you guys get!" Namjoon responded, headed out.

The remainder of the week was about the same. Yoongi was stressed because he didn't feel good int he beginning of the week and was now behind schedule. Now as he was walking into work Friday, Jin invited him to a group dinner with all their friends and now he was even more stressed. That means he would have to pull a few all nighters to meet deadlines. But, he couldn't say no to his friends and his boyfriend would be there too.