18) Lyrics - Namjoon

After Namjoon got home, he really couldn't focus. He was too busy thinking about what had happened back at Yoongi's studio. He couldn't believe that he actually said those things out-loud, but as he recalled, the elder, hopefully, wasn't too upset. Namjoon hoped Yoongi wasn't mad at him or anything, because he genuinely wanted to see him again. After Namjoon walked into his house, he really wished that he had stayed at Yoongi's a bit longer, there was just something calming about being around him, but he also knew that Yoongi likes to be by himself when he works, so it was probably for the better that he left him to do his thing.

Once Namjoon finished his shower he mindlessly scribbled some things down that he could potentially use as lyrics towards their song, but didn't think much of it as he proceeded to then climb into bed and stare down at his soulmate mark before eventually falling asleep.

The next day went on normally, but around 4:30pm Namjoon received a text that he never expected to get. The text was from Yoongi asking if Namjoon could go over to his studio as soon as he got out after work at 5pm. Yoongi told him he would order some food for dinner too. Namjoon's heart did a quick flip and he immediately agreed to go, but after sending the text his heart also dropped, he was worried that Yoongi was upset with him, but also was confused because if Yoongi was upset, he wouldn't have offered to buy food. Either way he couldn't back out now, he had already agreed to it.

-----------------------

It was finally time for the library to close, meaning that it was time for Namjoon to head over to Yoongi's studio. Once he got there, he perfectly remembered how to get there and knocked on the door, not wanting to be rude and just barge in. As soon as Yoongi opened the door, Namjoon immediately felt more relaxed and could visibly see Yoongi become more at ease as well.

"Thanks for coming over earlier than we planned, I kinda just felt like I should have you here while working on our project. I got a few ideas written down, but it would probably be best if you review them." Yoongi first spoke as he let the younger one in. "Oh and here's your food, I hope you're fine with sushi for dinner, I was kinda in the mood for it. I got some tofu too since Jin told me you don't like to eat seafood." Yoongi said, handing Namjoon his container of sushi.

"It's fine, it's not like I really had anything to do anyway. Thanks for the food though, it looks good. How about we eat and then we can start working on our project." Namjoon said, sitting in the same spot he did last time, but this time, Yoongi scooted his desk chair over to the table so they could eat together.

The two eventually got into some small talk while eating to avoid the silence, and both of them felt comfortable enough to start asking some more personal questions. Namjoon started it by asking why Yoongi lives with Jimin and Hoseok rather than getting his own apartment. He obviously knew that Yoongi might not even answer the question because that was a more personal matter but surprisingly, Yoongi answered.

"Well I spend most of my paychecks upgrading my studio equipment, and the rest of it would go towards my parents. Sound's weird right? A 24 year old still living at home with his parents. Basically, my parents were mistakes and never got along. They were always fighting and would spend so much time fighting that they forgot to pay their bills. Eventually I started paying all of them and once they found out it was me they practically told me to pay them or they would, umm yeah. About a week ago, I was late paying for the bill because I didn't have enough to cover all of it and they took things way too far, eventually kicking me out. So now I live with Jimin and Hoseok until I can find my soulmate and possibly move in with them. I've just been so consumed by work and trying to save up that I haven't been able to go out and look for them. I can only hope that whoever they are isn't too upset about having to wait so long to meet me." Yoongi answered, surprising himself that he let all that out to Namjoon. Something within him just felt like he could trust Namjoon with everything he had. "What about you, do you live with your soulmate or something?" Yoongi questioned despite already knowing the answer, he just wanted to make sure.

"Nope, no soulmate yet. I don't want them to feel like they have to drop everything for me, so I'm hoping to meet them and connect with them naturally. As cheesy as it sounds, I've just decided to let fate play-out as it should. My parents' met that way so that's how I want to meet them. Nothing forced, just letting things happen like the universe wants it to." Namjoon replied back. 

After taking a few moments to take everything that had just been said sink in, the pair decided to migrate back over to Yoongi's desk and start working on writing some lyrics, but not getting much down, just bits and pieces that would need some fine-tuning before being used as actual lyrics.

A few hours passed, both the boys writing away different things that they may or may not use later on. Yoongi had written out almost an entire verse by the end of the hour and worked on getting out the kinks of the song that Namjoon was stuck on. Namjoon had also gotten a verse down and was trying to work on the hook but could get anything.

Soon enough another hour passed making it 8:30pm; meaning Yoongi would be done for the day. He was still on shortened days so he could rest more, per Jin's demand. Both of them packed their things, perfectly content with how much progress they got in just a few hours they were together. Yoongi figured something was up but just decided to sleep on it another night and then ask Namjoon about it the next day when they met up.

"So the same time tomorrow then? We got a lot done today and I think the extra hour was a huge help, I'll get some food again too so we can eat beforehand." Yoongi suggested after they stepped outside the building.

"Sure, that sounds fine to me. I'll see you tomorrow then, goodnight Yoongi." Namjoon replied back, unintentionally giving Yoongi a side hug before heading in the opposite direction to his car.