Chapter Ten

David sat down, leaning over to pass Regina the fresh cup of coffee. 'So, tell me what this is all about?'

'I don't even know where to start?' She said, roughly brushing away her tears.

'Start from the beginning. I'm sure that between the two of us, we can sort this out.'

'I kissed Emma.'

'Ok?' He said slowly, looking confused.

Regina just sat with her head down, feeling ashamed.

'I don't understand why that would have upset you like this, though?'

'I said I'd be willing to try dating her, but when I went round that night she had put on this amazing spread and had our favourite movies ready. I freaked out. It was all just so perfect that I panicked and I told her it had all been a mistake. I rushed home and because I couldn't bear all of the emotions I was feeling, I used magic to remove them. It resulted in splitting me in two. She's currently in the diner with the Evil Queen, who's now going by the name of Evie,' she explained sadly.

'Wow!' Said David, feeling stumped.

'I know! I really messed up, David. I hurt your daughter because I was too scared to give how I was feeling a chance.'

'Ok! Well I'm hearing that you've made some mistakes, Regina, but I don't know why this has to be the end of the world.'

'Emma won't talk to me anymore. Even Henry walked out when he found out. He says that I have to find a way to fix it, but I don't know how,' Regina exclaimed in a panic.

'I think you do know how. It's just that it frightens you. You need to let Emma process this and once she does she will talk to you. When that happens, you can tell her everything that you've just told me. I know my daughter and she will forgive you. So will Henry.'

'Why do I always mess up when it comes to love?'

David sighed. 'I wouldn't say that you always mess up. You've done an amazing job raising Henry and you love him, right?' At her nod he continued. 'Well he loves you, too. And anyway, you're not the only one that's done something rash when they didn't want to face their feelings.'

'What do you mean?' Regina asked.

'Well even Snow drank a potion to make her forget about me when she thought I was marrying someone else. I know people think she never made mistakes, but we all do, Regina.'

'Oh, yeah. I forgot that she did that.' She paused for a second, seemingly considering something before she spoke again. 'I should never have tried to tear you apart. It just hurt to see you both so in love when I'd lost the person I thought was meant to be my forever,' she said quietly.

'I know! Snow White knew that as well. We both forgave you a long time ago for all of that. And really, if you think about it, we probably wouldn't have Henry in our lives if you hadn't. I doubt he'd even exist. Not that I'm condoning how you were then, of course,' he smiled.

'Don't worry, I won't be getting any ideas,' she laughed half-heartedly. 'It's nice to hear that I'm not the only fallible one though. I think I sometimes forget that other people do bad things too, you know. It's just that I've been seen as the monster for so long that I forget everyone else isn't perfect.'

'Well they definitely aren't. Myself included! And we can fix the Henry problem fairly easily.' David said as he turned to face the doorway and gestured someone forwards. Henry stepped into the room and glanced sympathetically at his mom.

'Henry!' Regina exclaimed. 'Are you ok?'

'I'm so sorry, Mom. I'm sorry for walking out on you before giving you the chance to explain everything properly. I was just shocked, I guess.'