Chapter Eleven

It had been two weeks since Operation SwanQueen was set in to motion and Emma didn't think she'd ever felt happier.

At first it had started off small, Regina had started sending her daily texts. Each one included something she was sorry for and the reason why. So a couple of them had been along the lines of 'I'm sorry for lying about how I felt. I did it because I was scared but I didn't intend to hurt you' and 'I'm sorry for walking out on our date, it was an absolutely amazing set-up and I was really looking forward to it.'

After that she started to have her favourite lunch delivered to her at the station. There was an endless supply of grilled cheese, burgers, fries, onion rings and cups and cups of hot chocolate. She didn't know how much more her stomach could take. She loved junk food but there was only so much you could consume before you started craving salads.

She'd woke up to a freshly valeted car every single day. New pjs were on her bed every night along with her favourite chocolate and Regina had been acting extremely polite to both Emma and Evie whenever she bumped in to them.

Emma had ignored her at first, but eventually she'd been worn down. She really missed her best friend and even though her and Evie were getting along so well, she was still only half of the real Regina. Emma loved both parts of her, both the light and the dark. So having a Mayor who was missing vital parts of the personality that she'd fallen in love with, was a difficult thing for her to have to deal with.

She'd ended up having a heart-to-heart with Evie one night and they'd discussed how she was feeling. Amazingly, Evie had completely understood. She'd even went on to admit that with the Regina part of her separate, she was starting to feel incomplete.

And that's how they had got to where they were tonight. Whilst Emma had been at work, Evie had contacted Regina and they'd set up a whole date night for her as a surprise. When she walked into the house, they'd recreated her Hogwarts spread and they were stood wearing matching Harry Potter pajamas.

'There's a bath run for you, with bubbles and everything,' said Evie.

'And when you're finished, your matching pj's are on the bed ready for you,' finished Regina.

Emma was shocked. Since when had they started finishing each other's sentences? If they weren't careful, they'd turn into Fred and George. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth though, she grinned and thanked them both, before stripping off and sinking in to the hot water.

'Emma!' Came Regina's uncertain voice through the door fifteen minutes later.

'Yes?' Asked Emma. If she didn't know better she would say that Regina sounded worried.

'I need to talk to you.'

'Ok! Well I'll be out in just a minute. Can it wait that long?'

'Yes, I suppose it can. Is it ok to wait in the bedroom for you?'

'Yeah, that's fine.' Emma hopped straight out of the bath and hurriedly towelled herself dry, quickly slipping into her new pjs while she was still a bit damp. Something sounded off in Regina's voice and she was feeling a little bit worried about what the Mayor had to say. She prayed to any god that was listening, that this wasn't going to be a repeat of the last date night. She opened the door and came face to face with Regina.

'What's happened?' She asked in a panic.

'I don't what happened, Em, I swear. Me and Evie were just talking through everything...'

'Omg, Evie? What have you done to her?' Emma rushed into the living room, but it was empty apart from herself and Regina, who had slipped in quietly behind her.