Kabanata 1

LISIANTHUS: THE FLOWER

WHEN flowers bloomed, they were doomed to wither.

It was the year 7005 when an S-gene, not too young and not too old, had been blessed with great people, land, and power. Tomorrow was his 450th birthday, and his coronation day.

Influenced by the Royal Dragon Lineage, he became a man who knew how to value the blessing given to him. Kaya naman nais niyang pasalamatan ang sarili dahil naging mabuti siyang anak ng Dragon Chief, na kilala ang kaniyang pangalan sa buong sulok ng Mythria, at higit sa lahat, sa alak na nasa harapan niya.

"Salamat, Chine. May the dragon's luck accompany you for a lifetime!" He winked at the lady who owned the bar he was pampering in. Leaning on the couch, he undoes the first button of his cloak to let the air enter and cool his chest. Gabi na pero naiinitan pa rin siya, idagdag pa ang ingay at dami ng tao na nasa loob ng bar. Someone was playing an instrument, others were dancing, and at dim corners, there were S-genes living the best memories of their life together with their other half.

Still, he loved the noises.

Bahagyang tumawa ang babaeng nagngangalang Chine at yumuko. "Walang anuman, Lis." At pumunta na sa kabilang table.

While drinking his favorite pineapple rum, he placed his elbow on the edge of the sofa. Ah! How good it burned his throat. The people. The ambiance. The drink. Everything was perfect.

"Master, it's almost eleven. We need to go back home." Nilingon niya ang gawi ng kaniyang katabi. It was his butler and closest friend. He expected a boring look on his face, but oh, silly him for forgetting that his butler's face had always been boring.

"Huwag ka nga. Kahit 'di halata sa mukha mo, alam ko namang nag-e-enjoy ka rin. And don't call me master, we are in the bar right now. Forget about our titles and just enjoy!"

"Yeah, you're right," the butler replied, full of sarcasm. "But it's your coronation day tomorrow. 'Pag nalaman ng Chieftess na wala ka sa kuwarto mo na natutulog ngayon, ako ang mapagagalitan." A pair of hazel grey eyes glared at Lis. The dim light shadowing his butler's face made him look like a villain ready to murder. If only he wasn't holding a chocolate juice to contrast his scary nature, Lis had already run away.

"Hindi na ako bata. At saka para namang palagi ko 'tong ginagawa. Ngayon lang 'to, Aster, kaya pagbigyan mo na ako, okay?" He blinked twice. Smiling like a puppy, he looked straight into his eyes.

Nabitiwan naman nito ang kagat-kagat na straw. The corner of his eyes twitched. Napansin niya rin na napahigpit ang hawak nito sa baso. Oh-ho? Mukhang effective yata ang ginawa niya.

He nodded while praising himself. Yes, yes. Of course. He was Lisianthus Hibius Crimson, the next Dragon Chief of Mythria. Ever since he was born, no one had been able to resist his charm. Greatness defined him. Perfection would not exist without him. He was the best and the most—

"Disgusting."

Napatigil siya sa pagpuri sa sarili at mabilis na napatingin kay Aster. Kulang na lang tampalin nito ang pagmumukha niya dahil sa pagkadisgusto.

"How can you say that to your next Dragon Chief? One thousand laps, now!" Tinuro niya ang pintuan at sinenyasahan itong lumabas.

"I thought we're suppose to forget our titles?" Nagkibit-balikat ito at bumalik na sa pag-inom ng kaniyang chocolate juice.

Ngumiwi na lang siya at hindi ito pinansin. Pabagsak niyang inilagay ang baso sa hugis bilog na mesang gawa sa Narra. Inayos niya muna ang kaniyang itim na cloak bago tumayo at naglakad papunta sa counter.