Kabanata 25

IN THE MIDDLE OF GOING DEEPER

"WHAT'S that?" tanong ni Aster na sumilip sa kaniyang tabi.

Nakahiga siya sa kama habang binubuklat ang libro na pinahiram ni Violet sa kaniya kahapon. Kakagising niya lang at wala siya sa mood na bumangon kaya magbabasa na lang muna siya.

"The Heart of the Dissolving Flower," he answered.

"Isn't that what Aryl told you about?"

Tumango siya. "And I would like to know more."

"Do you want some Vege Sal?"

"Yes, please."

Hindi na sumagot si Aster at umalis papuntang kusina. Napangisi si Lis. Para-paraan din 'tong kaibigan niya, e. Kunwari gagawan siya ng Vege Sal para may idahilan lang para pumuntang kusina. Bakit nito gustong pumunta ng kusina? Kasi nandoon ang babaeng napupusuan nito.

"Sweet naman," bulong niya at nagsimula nang magbasa.

Manipis lang ang libro. Hula niya mga nasa limampung pahina lang ito. At tama nga si Violet. The book talked about the history of Faegika; how the place was on a higher ground before, and how the perennial giant trees were still present. Ilang pahina pa ang binasa niya hanggang sa lumapat ang mga mata sa pamilyar na mga pangalan.

"Ghequiteo Faragor and Lubismin," he mumbled as he put the book closer on his face, making sure that he wasn't reading it wrong.

Ghequiteo Faragor and Lubismin built the new appearance of A-district and named it Faegika.

Napalaki ang kaniyang mga mata sa nabasa. Hindi puwedeng magkamali si Lis. Ang mga pangalan na iyon, sila ang unang pinuno ng Mythria. It was his ancestors. Bakit nandito sila sa Faegika? And how was it possible that the name of the district came from them? He was so invested in the book that he didn't notice Aster putting a bowl of Vege Sal on his bed. The description about them and what they did to the place was worth prioritizing than his favorite food.

Lubismin was an Element-controlling Dragon, she could control any type of element and turned it into anything that she wanted, may it be paper, a dress or a whole mansion. The Everlasting Flame in their mansion was made by Lubismin. The book also indicated that the jelly-looking appearance of the buildings in Faegika was also her doing.

He couldn't help but gasp at how accurate the description was. White hair as glossy as the flowing water, crystal blue eyes, and skin as white as milk were exactly the same as the hanging portrait of Lubismin in their mansion.

She was known as Patriate, the first mayor.

Wala nang sumunod pang eksplanasyon kung bakit Patriate ang tawag ng mga magician at sa kung bakit ito ang mayor ng Faegika.

Humigpit ang hawak niya sa libro nang mapunta na kay Ghequiteo Faragor ang mga nakasulat. He was the first chief of Mythria and Lubismin's husband. Although it wasn't stated what kind of dragon he was, what he was capable of doing was similar to the ones he knew way back in Mythria. Ghequiteo was the one responsible for the new topography of Faegika.

According to the book, Faegika had a terrible climate. The two regions, known as the Blizzard and Desert regions, always clashes with each other. But despite the clashing climate, it was indescribable how the perennial trees were still able to grow in between. But still, it wasn't enough to shield the magicians. Therefore, with the power of Ghequiteo and Lubismin, they changed the entire Faegika. They created a large hole, now the mainland. And Lubismin put an invisible barrier to limit the climates, hindering them from clashing.

Ghequiteo used the perennial trees for the interior of the buildings. The placement of all buildings and roads were all because of the two. The symbol of a dead tree on the roads was a remembrance of Ghequiteo and his wife and as to how they changed the place.