Chapter 1: Fallon

"No! You missed the exit again!" I yell at Alex as she drives by the exit for the second time.

"Honestly, I don't even know why we let her drive." Lesley chimes in from the backseat.

"Would you two shut up already. I'm a great driver... I just have a hard time with directions." She mumbles the last part and I snort because that's such an understatement.

For my eighteenth birthday we had plans to sneak into a club. Long story short, we made the mistake of letting Alex drive us there and I don't know how but she ended up taking us to a farm house. When we tried leaving, her car got stuck in mud and we had to call her dad to come get us. And that was the end of the night.

"Okay, take the road right here." I say pointing to the exit. She finally takes the exit and I let out a relieved breath knowing that I will be out of this car soon.

When I had gotten my acceptance letter to Boston College, I had been ecstatic. My entire family had gone there so I felt this need to follow in their footsteps. The only thing that made my decision hard was the idea of being far from my family. For most people, two hours wouldn't be considered far but when you grow up with a super close family, even small distances seem bigger.

About ten minutes later, Alex pulls into the parking lot of our apartment. Since my parents had already furnished our place and shipped all of our bigger items, we didn't have to bring much with us in the car.

I grab the two luggage's that belong to me and head to the elevator, the girls in tow carrying their own bags from the car.

My phone begins to ring whist we wait for the elevator to reach us. I pull out my phone and smile wide when I notice the caller ID.

"Hey mom." I say, stepping into the elevator once it opens.

"My beautiful baby girl, how are you? Was the car ride good? How's the apartment? Did you settle in yet?" My mom fires question after question leaving her out of breath by the time she finishes.

I chuckle at her. "I'm good, we're heading up to the apartment now."

"What took so long? Weren't you supposed to make it to the apartment like an hour ago?"

"Well for some reason we let Alex drive." Alex obviously hearing our conversation mouths a 'fuck you' while flipping me off.

Mom sighs. "Yeah okay, that makes sense. Well anyways, I just wanted to apologize for us not being able to help you settle in. You know your father, brothers and I would be there to help you if we could." 

"I know mom and I totally understand why you guys can't be here now." The elevator dings before opening on our floor. I continue speaking as we step out, "Listen mom, I have to go so i'll call you back later, okay?"

"Of course honey. Say hi to the girls. I love you all." My mom finishes off the call by making kissing noises through the phone.

I manage to get a 'love you too' in between laughs before I hang up the phone. 

"So you're really not going to tell people who you are?" Lesley asks as she follows behind me on the way to our apartment.

"You're making it sound like I'm going undercover and changing my name." I roll my eyes at her dramatics. "I just don't want people to know who my family is. I don't have the energy in me to go through what I did in high school again." I say with a frown on my face trying to push away all thoughts of my high school experience.

Having a father that coaches the Boston Bruins NHL team , two brothers who play professionally for the Toronto Maple Leafs and a mother that's a well known model for Vogue, it's always been hard for me to stay out of the spotlight. Someone always wants something from me or uses me to get closer to them but nobody ever really wanted to know me. I don't blame my family for anything that happened to me, I just wish that their jobs didn't require so much attention.