Chapter 11: Maxton

Earlier today when I asked Fallon to dinner, I wasn't in my right mind. I don't know what possessed me to make a whole scene in front of everyone just to get her to go out with me but it's just something about that girl that makes me crazy.  

And since this afternoon, I hadn't been able to get her out of my mind. Yeah right, like she wasn't on your mind before. My stupid inner voice says making me roll my eyes. Okay, so maybe I've been thinking about her a lot since I've met her but if anyone was in my position, trust me, they'd have the same problem. I mean that girl is the definition of perfect. Perfect body, perfect eyes, perfect smile. She's also a feisty little thing that always seems to put me in my place. Something that nobody, other than my sister, ever does. But she's also something that I promised myself I would never again get involved with. 

A distraction. 

I have worked too hard to get to where I am right now to just get distracted by some girl. It's happened once before and I won't be letting it happen again no matter how much my dick wants her. 

So when I saw her sitting on the stands during our practice, I figured it was the perfect time to cancel this dinner. However, I can't help but check her out. She's wearing the same outfit as before, and my eyes automatically lock on the way her tits press against her skin-tight top. Fuckkkk. My eyes continue to make their way down her body, lingering on her very sexy, very toned stomach.  

My thoughts break off as I see her quickly stand up, tell the girls something and practically sprint to the back door of the arena. I furrow my brows in confusion and a big part of me wants to just leave practice and go find her to make sure she's okay. And that's exactly why you can't have anything to do with her. You're willing to miss practice for her!! My inner voice yells at me. Fuck. He's right. I quickly shake my head to clear my thoughts and skate towards the boards where Matt stands. 

"You good, man?" He asks, taking a quick glance at me before focusing back on the drill coach ordered us to work on. 

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be." I keep my voice neutral and focus my eyes on my teammates skating around, avoiding looking at Matt whose now staring at me with narrowed eyes. 

"Bro, we've been friends since we were five so I know when you're lying to me. But I won't push you on it, you can tell me when you're ready." He lightly hits my helmet with his glove before joining our team. As he's skating away, Dylan comes out of nowhere and tackles him to the floor, both of them going down like two big sacs of potatoes. I burst out laughing at the way they are tangled together and are struggling to get out. Tristan skates towards them and begins to help pull Dylan up, but Dylan being his clumsy ass self, trips over nothing and topples forward bringing Tristan down with him. I practically have tears leaking out of my eyes as I watch them groaning on the floor. My best friends are idiots. My laughter, along with my team's quickly turn into groans as coach yells at us to do suicides for messing around. 

 (())

The second coach blows his whistles, I bend over and rest my palms on my legs as I try to regain my breathing. I don't think coach has ever made us do this many suicides. He's clearly trying to kill us. And I could've sworn I saw him smiling when we were practically about to faint. Crazy old man. 

Of course in typical Dylan fashion, he dramatically collapses on the ice, a hand to his heart and starts screeching. "Help! Someone call a medic, I'm going to DIE!" His face wears a look of betrayal as the team simply skate by him and towards the changing rooms. "WOW! SOME FRIENDS YOU GUYS ARE!" Tristan, Matt and I skate towards him and just stand there, staring at him. "You guys are going to help me right. We're brothers from others mothers right!?" He winks and smiles sweetly as he raises his arms for us to help him.