Chapter 12: Fallon

Friends?

What the hell was I thinking?

Ugh, sometimes I just want to smash my head through a wall for being so stupid. And I definitely can't go back on it now and risk seeing that irritatingly sexy smirk of his when he hears this. But like seriously, why can't he be like ugly. I mean, I could definitely be able to go through with this friendship thing if I wasn't insanely attracted to him but no, the universe clearly doesn't give a shit about us little people and has to make him look like a Greek god.

Don't tell him I said that.

Well anyways, it's been a few days since we've established this friendship thing and since then things have been okay. I mean, I've only seen him a couple times but other than the occasional heated stares, everything has been normal.

However, what I didn't expect was to find him in my apartment Friday afternoon sitting on my couch like he's the king of the world.

"What are you doing here?" Is the first thing I say when I see him.

"Damn, way to make a guy feel welcome." He plasters on a fake hurt expression which I obviously roll my eyes at. He gets off the couch and makes his way over to me as I drop my keys and bag on the kitchen counter.

"Well I would've said to what do I owe this pleasure, but I don't know, you're not that pleasurable." I struggle to keep a straight face and force myself not to look at his. When no words are being spoken after a few seconds, I sneak a peek at him and I can't stop the bubbled laughter that escapes me at the sight of his playful glare.

"You're spunky today, sweetheart." A flutter in my stomach ignites at the nickname but I quickly shut that down. There's no way I can let myself even think about that.

Ignoring what he said, I give him a deadpanned look. "So what exactly are you doing here? Ella isn't home right now."

"I came to invite you girls to a party we're hosting tonight."

"Why?"

He laughs at me. "What do you mean why?"

"I just mean why come all the way here to invite us to a party when you could just text Ella?" I tilt my head slightly and narrow my eyes on him but he doesn't look one bit intimidated. 

He shrugs his shoulders and copies my head tilt as his lips twitch a little from trying to hold in a smile. My hands ball into fists as I stop myself from reaching out and pushing back the small misplaced piece of hair that has fallen on his forehead. My nostrils lightly flare in annoyance with myself for having this type of reaction to him. 

My eyes slowly rake over his body, noticing that today he's wearing an outfit that really shows off his fit body. His black t-shirt is tight and accentuates his drool worthy biceps and paired with a pair of black jeans, he gives off those bad boy vibes that seem to make every girl drop their panties for. Not to mention they make his ass look crazy good. My eyes move back up only to stop at the tattoo that peeks out from one of his sleeves. My thighs automatically press together as the sudden urge to trace it with my tongue takes over me. Fuck, I need to stop. 

His voice snaps me out of my thoughts and I try to hide my embarrassment when he says, "Whenever you're done checking me out, we can talk about the party." 

When my eyes snap to his and I see the amused twinkle in his eyes and that stupid freaking cocky smirk on his face, my eyes instantly roll and I try to play it off. "Oh shut up, I was staring at you because you look extra hobo-ish today." At that, his smirk turns into a big smile, revealing the two deep dimples on either side of his cheeks. He slowly closes the distance between us until his body is practically pushing against mine. 

All while keeping his piercing blue eyes on me, he slowly leans his head down until his plump lips are inches from mine and whispers, "Is that so? Hmm, I could've sworn it was because you thought I looked good enough to eat if you take the way you were biting your lip into consideration." 

With him being so so close to me, it's getting hard to form words. All that manages to escape me is a humming sound as his cologne surrounds me. It smells so good that I can't think even straight. I can see I'm not the only one affected by our close proximity since his breathing is just as heavy as mine is.

Fuck. Come on Fallon, you're just friends. 

Still I can't stop myself from lowering my eyes to his beautiful pink lips. When I look back up, I notice that his eyes are now locked on my lips. Without realizing what I'm doing, my tongue peaks out to wet my lips and I get a taste of my coconut chapstick. I watch as his eyes darken with heat as he continues to stare and suddenly I start to feel his hands slowly make their way to my waist only to drag down and grab hold of my hips. 

"Fuck Fallon." He whispers before starting to lean closer. 

The sound of keys jingling has us shooting apart and turning to stare at the door. I place my hand on my heart and try to get my breathing under control and when I sneak a peak at Maxton, I see he's doing the same thing. What the fuck were we about to do? What is wrong with me that I can't control myself around him?

We don't speak or look at each other when the door finally opens, revealing a very smiley Ella. All of a sudden guilt consumes me and I'm relieved that we were interrupted. I know what it's like to have popular brothers that all girls want and how you always have to be cautious with girl friends cause you never know if they're genuine or not. I don't want her to question if I'm her friend because of her or because I like her brother. 

"Maxton! What are you doing here?" She exclaims as she walks towards him and gives him a hug. 

His smile is soft and maybe a little sheepish as he looks at her. "I came here to invite you girls to a party tonight." 

"Oh, sounds like fun. Why didn't you just text?" 

I press my lips together to hold back my smile as she asks him the same question I did. He sneaks a quick glance at me and I raise a brow at him. His face cringes at little before he gives a small shrug and says, "I had nothing to do and thought I'd see how you are settling in." 

"Awn that's sweet of you, Maxipad." She playfully reaches up and pinches his cheek and he slaps it away with a scowl.

"Maxipad" I crack up as I repeat the name and he turns to me with a death glare, which obviously makes me laugh even harder. 

He huffs and grumbles, "Shut up." I try to stop it but after a few seconds, my shoulders begin to shake again as the silent laughter takes over me again. "Whatever. The party starts at 8:30, I'll see you girls there." He sends me one last glare before he leaves the apartment. The second the door shuts, I make eye contact with Ella that's all it takes to send us into another fit of giggles.

Damn, I am so going to use that against him.