Chapter 8: Fallon

Everything happened so fast. One second I'm dancing with the girls and the next Maxton is beating the shit out of the guy that was feeling me up. The screams that are heard around me are what snaps me into action.

I place a hand on Maxton's back as he continues to pummel the guy. "Maxton you need to stop right now." His fist freezes in the air at the sound of my voice. He turns his head to me and I have to admit that I'm a little shocked to find pure rage sparkling in his eyes. Swallowing hard, I wrap my hands around his busted up fist and slowly bring it down. Staring directly in his eyes so he can see I'm being nothing but truthful, I speak so low that only he can hear me. "I'm okay Maxton. I really am. So why don't we go to the back to get your hand cleaned up okay?" He slowly nodded, not taking his eyes off me and let me lead him to the back. I caught the eye of Papa J and flicked my head to the direction of our friends before shaking my head. He understood what I was trying to say and headed to our booth to tell our worried friends that we were okay and that I was going to clean up his hand before meeting back up with them.

I brought him to Papa J's office and made him take a seat on the black leather couch. I walked over to the desk and pulled out a first aid kit from the bottom drawer. I can feel the intensity of his stare as I walk back over to him. Since both he and the couch are tall, I reluctantly make the decision to stand in front of him rather than sit. I grab a clean cloth from the kit and pour some rubbing alcohol on hit. I grab his busted up right hand gently and look back up at him.

"This is going to sting a little, okay?" I whisper feeling tension starting to grow between us. He wordlessly nods his head, still maintaining eye contact.

I lightly dab on the bloody areas expecting to feel Maxton flinch but he doesn't. I bite my lip as I contemplate asking him why he did that. I mean, he looked livid. I know I shouldn't care but for some damn reason, he just always finds a way to make me curious about him.

Before I could start overthinking, he finally speaks up with that sexy voice that always has me suppressing a shiver. "I could see the wheels turning in your head. Just say what you want to say."

Once I finish cleaning the wound, I look up and search his eyes with my own. After a few seconds, I let out a sigh and ask him what I want to know. "Why did you do it?"

He closes his eyes for a second before letting out a deep breath and opening them again. "Honestly, I don't know." I look into his eyes for any kind of lie but I don't find one. When I don't say anything, he continues. "There is just something about you that intrigues the hell out of me and when I saw that guy touch you," he sucks a short breath of air through his nose, "I just lost it." While he spoke, he brought his hand to my waist and took hold of it, rubbing small circles with his thumb on my exposed skin. I hadn't realized I was breathing heavily until that was the only thing that could be heard in the silent room.

I lick my dry lips before biting on it out of nervous habit. Although, that action didn't seem to go unnoticed to him because now his eyes are trained on my lips.

His Adams apple works as he swallows thickly. When he speaks, his voice is husky and low. "Fallon, can I kiss you?" Something about the way he says my name has me breathing even harder. Not knowing if I trust my voice, I simply nod. "Words, Fallon. I need words." His voice is soft yet demanding.

"Yes. Please kiss me." I'm honestly shocked that I managed to make out those words.

Satisfied with my answer, he slowly starts moving in closer. Following suit, I lean in. The moment our lips touch, it's like a fire that I never knew existed erupted in my stomach. The kiss was starting off tormentingly slow but when his tongue swept over my bottom lip and I involuntarily moaned, it unleashed something in him that excited me. He took that opportunity to bring him tongue in my mouth as the kiss became heated. He kissed me like he's been starving all his life and I was the first meal he's ever eating. His arms wrap around my waist bringing me flush against his body as my hands find the hair at the nape of his neck. I tug on the hair enticing the sexiest moan to come out of his skilled mouth.