Chapter 12: The Truce

Arizona POV

When the hug ended, we just stared at each other, without speaking.

"So what does this mean?" I asked.

She shook her head.

What I wanted her to say, was that we were getting back together, and that she'd move back into the apartment, and that we could be a family again, but no, what was I thinking?

"Arizona- we are going to have another baby. This is our baby, and I won't abandon our baby. But I don't know if I can trust you again," she said, frowning.

I knew that was the main issue. Trust. I wouldn't trust myself, either.

"Calliope Iphegenia Torres, I promise to love you every moment of every day, I will never hurt you again. I swear, on my own life, that I will never do it again. That is a solemn promise. I'll never leave your side, I will answer every phone call, every text, if Lauren even talks to me, I'll call you to tell her to back off, I will wear my ring on my finger, I will even put a sign of my scrub top that says 'Taken By Callie' on it if you want," I said.

She sighed.

"Please, Callie. Please. Just one more chance. That's all I'm asking for," I said, grasping her hand.

It felt like hours of silence had passed between us.

"Alright," she finally said.

But before I got too excited, I knew there was a catch of some sort.

"I'll come back to the apartment. But we will not sleep in the same bed, we will not have sex or any type of romantic connections with each other, we will simply be like friends living together. No, I am not asking for a divorce, and I never will, because I am very in love with you, Arizona. I will always be in love with you. But I just need to learn to trust you again, and when I do, we can be the old Arizona and Callie. Just give me some time. It might take time, a very long amount of time, but this is up to you. Whether you want to wait for me or not," she said.

I smiled.

"Okay, that's fine. That's perfectly fine. I'll sleep on the couch, and we'll take care of Sofia together, and we'll work together, and I will wait for you, Callie, because I am very in love with you too. It hurts how much I love you, and how much I love our daughter, and how much I love this baby. We're going to be a family again, and I'm so happy about that. I will wait any amount of time for you, because you're worth forever Callie. You mean more than my own life," I finished.

She smiled.

"Friends?"

"Friends," I repeated.

So I spent the day helping Callie re-pack, and I played with the kids. I even got to play with little Bailey, who was so sweet, and I was so happy about that because I'm so excited to have one this little again.

I was just so happy to pick out names for our baby, and clothes, and design his or her room, to see who the baby will look like. And on top of it, I could discuss all of this with Callie, instead of on my own.

It was around six in the evening, and we were finally home.

I put Sofia down, and Callie and I were sitting on the sofa together.

We decided that we were going to discuss a little about the baby. She was drinking champagne, I was drinking water.

"So, how far along are you?" she asked, setting her glass on the coffee table.

"Almost two months," I said, smiling.

"I did the insemination almost two months ago. I was going to get pregnant, and surprise you. But then, everything happened, and I never told you. I wanted to wait awhile, just in case I lost it anyway," I said.

She smiled.

"Two months," she shook her head.

"You're starting to show a little,"

I laughed.

"Yeah," I rested my hand on my stomach, and she put her hand over mind. And it just made me fall in love with her all over again.

"What do you hope for? A boy or a girl?" I asked. She thought about it for a minute.

"A girl. I would love for Sofia to have a little sister to play with, and to teach as she gets older," she said.

I nodded. "I don't really care. I mean, maybe a boy, because it's a change, but it doesn't matter to me,"

She laughed. "It'd be nice if it's a boy. Then he'd look like Mark, and we could have another Mark around here,"

And we both thought about Mark for a minute. Thanks to Mark, our dreams came true. He saved our marriage. I made a mental note to thank him later.

"It'll most likely have blue eyes, since we both have blue eyes, and our parents had blue eyes. No brown in our genes. And he or she will probably have blond hair, either light like mine, or darker like Mark's," I said.

She nodded. "I hope it's a girl. She'll inherit your beauty,"

And I got really happy right then, because I could tell that she was falling in love with me again, too. And the sooner she fell in love with me again, the sooner she could trust me again, and then we'd be a couple again, and everything would be perfect. And I love this thing that we formed. I believe it's called a truce.