Chapter 15: The Final Decision

Callie POV

I wanted to go back to the room. I knew that she was awake now, but I just couldn't bring myself to go back.

I think it was because I didn't know if I was ready to forgive her yet.

As soon as I heard what happened, I panicked. I immediately rushed to the patient room she was in, and never left her side.

At one point, I was getting tired, so I left to go get coffee.

Figuring that she'd be waking up soon, I got two drinks. Coffee for me and a bottle of juice for her. After I got the drinks, I froze. People were staring at me, because I just stopped right in the middle of the cafeteria.

I just stood there, holding the drinks. It had been almost fifteen minutes now.

I just stood there the whole time.

The coffee was cold now. Arizona hurt me when she decided to sleep with Lauren. She hurt me very bad.

I knew that under any circumstances, she would choose me, and love me, but she wasn't thinking about me when she cheated.

I would have given her anything she wanted. Anything. But she slept with Lauren Boswell. She hurt you, Callie. She hurt you on her own free will, and you're just forgiving her? So easily forgiving her for all the pain she caused you.

It was a selfish act. But we have a family. We built a life together. We love each other. You can't just forget the reasons you're here. The reason that you fight.

I was so torn.

Eventually, I began to come back down to earth.

Less people crowded the cafeteria, since the rush hour for lunch was over now.

"Calliope," I heard a deep male voice down the hall.

One that only belonged to... "Daddy?"

I could make out my father running towards me down the hall.

"Calliope, sweetheart," he said, opening his arms.

I set the coffee on the ground, and ran to hug him.

"Daddy, what are you doing here?" I asked him.

His face grew hard. "I heard what happened with you and Arizona,"

My eyes narrowed.

"How..? Who told you?" I asked.

He shook his head. "That doesn't matter. Right now, I'm going to go knock some sense into that girl," he said, moving towards the recovery ward.

I held him back.

"Daddy, no. Don't hurt her, don't knock any sense into anyone," I said.

"Mija, what she did was unacceptable. A sin," he said.

"Daddy, we're trying to work things out," I said.

"I know," he said, attempting to push past me again.

I was puzzled by how he knew so much.

"How... How do you know all of this?" I asked.

"I don't. What, were you planning on getting a divorce?" he asked.

"Well, no. Not now, but I was going to, I mean, why wouldn't I?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"Don't leave her. You can be mad, take breaks, but don't leave her. No matter what," he said.