Chapter 16: The Right Track

Arizona POV

"Oh, Callie," I whispered, enveloping her in a hug.

Tears streamed helplessly down my face.

Not only had I not expected her to forgive me, but I never in a million years expected that speech to come out of her mouth, especially given the circumstances.

If anything, I should have been saying that to her.

"I'm not good with words. Not like you," I said, shaking my head. "I can comfort kids, and take care of babies, but not in a million years could I have said something like that to you. I could feel it so severely, because I love you so much, but oh my god," I just started sobbing uncontrollably into her chest.

I opened my eyes eventually, and saw people standing outside of the room through the glass.

Alex, Jo, Bailey, Derek, Owen, Jackson, April, Cristina, and even Callie's Dad who was holding Sofia. A smile stretched from ear to ear on her sweet little face.

I smiled at her, and nodded a thanks to Callie's Dad.

He smiled and waved back.

"Callie," I whispered.

She turned around once I nodded in the direction.

"Come in," she called.

Everyone awkwardly jammed into the room.

"Arizona," they all said in unison.

"Mama!" Sofia's excited voice came.

"Hey baby!" I cooed.

Callie's Father walked around placed her gently on my lap.

"I'm glad you're okay, the baby too, but you hear me, don't ever hurt my little girl again, okay?" he said sternly.

He was deadly serious, but there was a slight smile playing on his lips, which lightened the mood.

"Not in a million years,"

He kissed the top of my head, kissed Sofia on her cheek, and went back to Callie.

"So another baby in the family," Meredith said.

We all laughed.

"You're next, Cristina," Callie joked.

Her eyes got very wide as a displeased smirk crossed her face.

"Yeah, no thanks," she said, causing everyone to erupt into laughter.

Meredith grabbed her hand. I watched that little interaction very carefully. I don't know why. But the way she grabbed her hand, like she needed her. Even though they were just best friends. She clung onto her person's hand very tightly, and it made me want my person.

I stretched my hand out towards Callie.

She grasped it tightly, and leaned in close.

"Well I remember that picture we took at that restaurant for the 'survivors' dinner when Meredith announced her pregnancy. It's tradition," Derek said.

"Come on everyone," he said.

Callie rested one hand on my stomach, and one around my shoulder.

Sofia was placed in between us. Alex was sitting on the end of the bed by my feet, Meredith and Cristina on my side of the bed, Derek and Callie's Father by her, and everyone else squeezed into the picture.

Derek called a nurse into the room to get a picture.

"Smile," Derek said, running back to his spot.

"Here you go," the nurse smiled, handing Derek back his cell phone.

"I want a copy," April said, gushing over the picture.

Everything was so perfect. It was crazy how just a month ago, my life was complete hell, and it transformed into something as beautiful as this. Like a caterpillar becoming a butterfly.

I had no idea what I did to deserve this. To deserve them. Great friends, whom I considered my family. Sofia, the baby growing inside me, and my world. The most important person in my entire life, besides Sofia, Calliope Iphegenia Torres.

My family.

I never believed in happy endings before, I never believed in fairy tails, but it seemed like I was living one.