Write to Change [ CLOSED ]

Each year, Mental Health Week takes place during the first full week of october. The campaign aims to raise awareness and educate the public on mental illness. People across the world provide support to family, friends, or coworkers through Mental Health Week without discrimination. We believe that mental health conditions are important to discuss year-round and writing is one of the best ways to express yourself.

WattpadShortStory, for the month of September, brings you a new contest focusing on advocating better support and care for mental health. The winning entry will be featured during the Mental Health Week 2021 collaboration run by ProfileMentalHealth , music , TeenFiction, @LY

 The winning entry will be featured during the Mental Health Week 2021 collaboration run by ProfileMentalHealth , music , TeenFiction, @LY

PROMPT

The history of mental health is often stained with stigma and stereotypes. Express how brave athletes, actors, dancers, or even students have managed to overcome mental health struggles and/or stereotypes, to achieve their dreams and goals.

Note: Please ensure that the entries highlight and convey a positive message. It should in no way carry graphic depictions of violence and themes that may be uncomfortable for readers. 

• • •

GUIDELINES •

• Deadline for submission September 30, 2021, 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time [EST].

• The story can be based on fictional or non-fictional character.

• Submissions must be in English.

• Wordcount: no more than 1500 words

• Please submit your story via this Form.

• You can publish your story as a new book or in an existing short story collection.

• Mature content will not be accepted.

• LGBTQ+ is welcomed.

• Entries must follow Wattpad Content Guidelines

• Feel free to share your contest entry link in the comment section, where you can support and encourage each other.

• • •

PRIZES •

An exclusive WINNER sticker.

Winning entry will be featured during the Mental Health Week 2021

A shoutout from the official @WattpadShortStory profile. 

DISCLAIMER •

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.

• • •