Triple Treat Halloween '23 [CLOSED]

We're back with the third edition of Triple Treat Halloween!

For those who are new, Triple Treat Halloween is WattpadShortStory's very own writing contest for Spooktober! Here, we've rounded up three writing prompts to get your creative juices flowing.

Get in the Halloween spirit with our triple treat of writing prompts!

PROMPTS

1) A detective wakes up with no memory of how he solved his last case, but a threatening note in his pocket tells him it's not over yet.

2) A woman inherits her family's old mansion, but discovers it's haunted by the ghosts of her ancestors who have a chilling warning for her.

3) On Halloween night, a group of college students explore an abandoned house rumored to be haunted, but they soon realize the rumors were true.

GUIDELINES

> Entries must be submitted by the 31st of October, 2023.

> You can only choose ONE prompt per story. Please do not mix multiple prompts together in one story.

> Only one entry per user is allowed.

> We only accept entries written in English.

> Your entry must be within the range of 1000 to 5000 words. Any more or less words will automatically disqualify your entry.

> Entries are to be submitted via this FORM only.

> The story must be limited to one chapter.

> Mature stories are allowed, as long as they adhere to Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

> Your entry can be submitted as a standalone book or part of an existing collection. However, if part of a collection, a direct link to the contest entry is required for eligibility.

PRIZES

> An exclusive WINNER sticker

> A shoutout from the official WattpadShortStory profile

> Winning entry will be featured in the winners anthology 'Gemstones'

DISCLAIMER

Please note this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and are in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of the said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest that we feel do not meet the required criteria that are unsuitable or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated and may be reported to Wattpad's Trust and Safety team for their inspection.