Triple Treat Halloween [ CLOSED ]

Trick-or-treating has been a popular Halloween activity since the late 1950s

Trick-or-treating has been a popular Halloween activity since the late 1950s. As we prepare for the spooky season, WattpadShortStory presents you with 'Triple Treat Halloween!' In which, we are serving you with three prompts from the haunted crypt.

'Tis the season for creep factor, and writing prompts is no exception. So choose your favourite and make this Halloween special in the way you like.

PROMPT : 1

You step in your school library like everyday but this time, it feels off. Can someone explain why the bookshelves are endless and the hallway looks like a big dark hole ready to swallow you up?

PROMPT : 2

The doorbell rang. It was late, but there were other lights on in the neighbourhood still. A wild party raged next door; the cops had already come by once to warn them to keep it down. Maybe they were asking if you had made the call. Or maybe it was a Trick or Treater hitting one last house before heading home. You grabbed the bowl of candy, opened the door, and screamed.

PROMPT : 3

When a beauty pageant winner returns back to her ancestral town only to discover that there's more to nights of full moon and darkness.

• GUIDELINES •

⤳ Deadline for submission: 4 November 2021, 11:59 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time).

You can only choose ONE prompt per story. Please do not mix multiple prompts together in one story.

Multiple entries are allowed if each entry is on different prompts. The chosen prompts must be from the given Triple Treat Prompt Vault.

Submissions must be in English.

Wordcount: no more than 2000 words

Please submit your story via this Form.

You can publish your story as a new book or in an existing short story collection.

Mature content will not be accepted.

LGBTQ+ is welcomed.

Entries must follow the Wattpad Content Guidelines.

Feel free to share your contest entry link in the comment section, where you can support and encourage each other.

PRIZES

⤳ An exclusive WINNER sticker [Of Course, the spookiest one!]

⤳ A shoutout from the official WattpadShortStory profile

⤳ Winning entry will be featured in the winners anthology 'Gemstones'

⤳ The author behind the best plot and creative style may receive a chance to get featured in our upcoming 'Author Spotlight' book.

DISCLAIMER •

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.

• • •