Bite-sized Love Buffet 2024 [CLOSED]

Greetings,

Welcome to the 2024 version of the Bite-sized Love Buffet! This will be our third year hosting this lovely buffet to celebrate the month of love and Valentine's Day. This year, @YARomance will host a 14-day micro-writing challenge together with @WattpadShortStory!

What is "Bite-sized Love Buffet"? 

Over 14 days we will give you daily writing prompts, each requiring you to write a micro-story or a story with a short word count. The shorter word counts will make it easier for you to write every day! For example, a 50-word poem, 6-word story or a lovey-dovey tweet, etc... Anything that is short, simple and, of course, bite-sized but still lovely! Are you up for it?

If you feel like it is very hard to do it this month due to your other obligations, rest assured, we won't force you to write within this month only. You can write next month or the month after, whenever you feel relaxed! The only disadvantage is your entry won't be eligible for judging if you join after this contest concludes.

The challenge aims to keep you writing and inspired every day.

Before we get into the main events, how about a little exciting tag fest? Let's tag your Wattpad friends, writing buddies, and anyone that you think will fit the description below or will join this challenge!

Tag a friend who...

↠ loves every type of dessert.

↠ joined last year's Bite-sized Love Buffet.

↠ loves romantic stories.

↠ writes the best short story.

↠ prefers writing twists and angst.

And

↠ would love to join this challenge!

↠ You can get your PARTICIPANT STICKER here. 

Here is our menu (or prompts)!

We have two types of prompts: one is about word size which is on the odd days and the other is about the concept which is on the even days. Check a look at each day's "specials" and grab your pen now!

You can also use our checklist below to tick off the days that you already completed. You can download it here.

Day 1: Twitterature

Write a love story with any topic and theme in the size of a tweet.

Word count: 280 characters.

↠🎔↞

Day 2: Love At First Sight