Rewind to Write [CLOSED]

Most of us have come across various throwback days on social media. It could be #MondayMemories, #TakeMeBackTuesday, #WaybackWednesday, #ThrowbackThursday or #FlashbackFriday. But we're not going to ask you to share old photos or videos. Instead, here's a writing challenge with a dose of nostalgia for you!

This June, WattpadShortStory and WattpadESL will be presenting a list of writing prompts. This collection will include some of the prompts from our previous contests. If you've missed the deadline or found out about the contests a little too late, here's another opportunity to write for those prompts.

Without further ado, here are the prompts:

PROMPTS

Prompt 1:

When a beauty pageant winner returns back to her ancestral town only to discover that there's more to nights of full moon and darkness.

Prompt 2:

Your summer bucket list includes a visit to a popular beach side town, where everyone seems to lead a perfect life. That is, until the night falls.

Prompt 3:

"I believe, every day, you should have at least one exquisite moment"

― Audrey Hepburn

Prompt 4:

Ice cream can mend a broken heart.

Prompt 5:

What made Disney villains turn into darkness? Write a story from the perspective of your favorite Disney villain.

Guidelines

⇾ Your story must be an original piece written solely for this contest. Meaning, previously written stories on Wattpad or any other platform are not eligible.

⇾ Your entries must be between 1000-2000 words.

⇾ Your story must be in English

⇾ You can submit multiple stories, but only one story per prompt.

⇾ Do not mix up the prompts. One story should be written specifically for one prompt.

⇾ Your story must be submitted via this FORM : Please DO NOT submit your other works via this form. Submit only the contest entry. Any other submissions will be considered spam and you will be permanently muted/blocked from this profile.

⇾ Submit your entry no later than 11th July 2023 11:59 PM EST. Any entries received after this time will not be included in judging.

⇾ Mature stories are accepted, but the story must follow Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

Prizes

⇾ The winners will receive shoutouts to commemorate the victory.

⇾ The winners will receive an exclusive winning sticker specific to the contest

⇾ The winning entry will be featured on the winner's reading list indefinitely. * If it is a standalone book and not part of a collection.

⇾ Standalone winning stories (not a sequel or can be read and understood without reading other books in the series) will be featured in our winners' anthology indefinitely.

Note: the number of winners will depend entirely upon the number of entries received.

Disclaimer:

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behavior directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.