When the cup overflows

'Arin...'

I sighed as I remember the name I blurted out earlier...of all the names I can say. I blurted my nickname grandma used to call me before...

Why...? Did the grandma in the inn really affect me? To the point that I even remembered this forgotten name? Arin...huh.

The days passed by and thankfully, I never saw Kyle. According to Ara, Yvalee always waits for Kyle as she watches him train every morning despite being very early. However, Kyle would just give her a cold shoulder and glare at her. He must be happy now that I am not there to visit him.

I took out the knife I brought before and then looked at my wrist...my wrist is more delicate than my real wrist...I rotated the knife twice before pointing it towards my own wrist. Hmmm...the vein in my wrist...if I slice it off, I'll die from blood loss since this vein is directly connected to the heart and it's even a large one...when I was young, I tried to commit suicide by slitting my own wrist. That was when I decided that I couldn't go on like this, being harassed by my half-siblings, classmates, and even my parents.

"what are you doing?!!" I froze hearing that angry shout from someone who never appeared before my eyes for how many days. Kyle.

Before I could even react, he already held my hand that's holding the knife pulling it upwards as he tried to remove the knife from my grip. Of course, I held it tighter.

" hey! Let go of the knife!!" Ara, the maid entered after hearing the commotion. I sent her out earlier because I wanted to think.

"milady! Please let go of the knife!" Even she is panicking...and I don't know why. Do they think I'll slit my own wrist?

"Yvalee! Let go of the knife this instant!" Kyle glared at me and if it can kill, I am positive I'd be 6 feet under the ground. He seemed to be very angry. But my wrist is going to break by how strong his grip is. Hey, you are gripping a lady's delicate wrist. Not your sword.

"milady...please." Ara is really emotional. A single thing can make her cry. I sighed softly without saying anything as I let go of the knife. Ara immediately hugged me while Kyle let go and picked up the knife. What happened before my eyes was something that I only saw for the first time. The knife he's holding was on fire and the blade melted because of the heat. Woah...that's his powers? Just by looking at how the steel blade melted in an instant, the temperature must be at least a hundred-degree Celcius.

I just stared at the knife and even kneeled to look at it closely...

AUTHOR:

Ara doesn't understand what's going on inside Yva when she woke up already...even right now, Yva kneeled before the melted steel as if nothing just happened. 

 she didn't speak the entire time...Even Kyle looked at her in confusion. She doesn't act like the Yva they all know... 

for the first time, days ago, he never saw her visit him and he thought it's better... however, as the days go by, it seemed like something is wrong already so he decided to see her knowing that she'll be happy when she sees him. But contrary to his expectation, the Yva he saw looked so dead and she's even pointing a knife at her own wrist...the only conclusion he can draw from it was suicide.

He was angry! For someone who wished her dead, he was angry when he saw her trying to commit suicide. To the point where his mana overflowed because of rage that even his cold dark blue eyes turned to red. The Lanister family is the only fire user. The source of the strength of their power is from anger and built-up emotions...once their emotions get out of control, their mana will become unstable...when you aren't someone trained to control it, it will backfire to the user and the worst case would be the ability will get out of control...burning everything around it, and the user itself.

Extreme emotions can kill the Lanister. That is why their emotions must be controlled...they only let it out on the battlefield.

"Yvalee! What on earth were you doing?!" Yvalee sighed calmly before she stood up meeting her brother's piercing glare.

"nothing." Her response is cold and indifferent. Kyle gritted his teeth in anger as he clenches his fist.

"then why are you pointing a knife at your own wrist?! Don't tell me you want to commit suicide?!!"

"suicide? I don't need it." The indifference in her tone didn't change as she turns around and looked outside her window. Kyle stared at her thinking what's wrong with the girl who throws tantrums every day...

"don't lie to me!"

"If you think I'm lying, so be it. I am not interested." This left Ara and Kyle in shock... she really looks and acts differently after she had amnesia. 

for the first time, she's not interested in Kyle anymore...the brother she looked up to when she was young until her death...

'how pitiful...' Hyerin sighed inside her mind...

"w-what?"

Yvalee turned around and her cold expression remained. She met his eyes that she was so afraid of before, knowing that they are full of contempt and hatred. Kyle stared at the dead and cold eyes of her sister...it's very distant and strange for him who only saw admiration and love there...but it's no longer there...it's gone.

"From what I learned during my stay here after I had amnesia, I got to know what I was doing before. That is to say, I learned how I continuously annoyed you, and because of my amnesia, I don't remember them too... since you hated it very much, I decided not to do anything anymore. I am not interested in your affairs already, both you and the Duke, so you can rest assured."

Kyle froze after hearing his sister's cold remark. As if something stabbed him, he gulped and stared at her. Ara also looked at Hyerin who changed entirely.

"y-you...what happened to you?" that is Kyle's question...she no longer calls him older brother with her sweet voice and happy smile that hid countless of pain before. She endured every humiliation for their recognition but miserably failed until her death.

"I had amnesia." She answered shortly.

Kyle cannot say a word after what she said.

"don't do anything stupid again, Yvalee!"

"please don't concern yourself with me anymore." Kyle can only clench his fist as he stormed out of her room leaving Ara and Yvalee.

"milady..."

"do you blame me, Ara?" Ara froze after hearing Hyerin's question.

"I will never blame milady for anything...I just wonder...you used to love both his grace and young master...but lately...you are treating them coldly."

Hyerin sighed as she sits on her bed.

"Ara...if you know that no matter what you do, no one will really accept you for you are...no matter how much you sacrifice, it will not change the fact that they hate you. No matter how you try to stop the water from filling the cup...once it's full, it overflows." 

Ara gulped staring at Hyerin who is staring at the emptiness. Her words are dead but they carried intensity and deepness. Ara knows it...how she yearned for their love...their attention and care...but never did they bother with her. She knows that the real lady Yvalee is not a cruel girl...she's just hurt and broken to the point where she fell even deeper into the darkness...Ara cannot blame her.

"milady..." that's all she could say as she hugs Yva with tears in her eyes...she understands where she's coming from.

Hyerin closed her eyes and then after a while, she slept...thinking that it's better to sleep than to think about it at all...

***************************

Like-comment-follow