The engagement

Unknown to them, Yva woke up the moment they stepped inside the mansion. Lazy to walk, she pretended to have fallen asleep and accidentally heard the conversation between their father and her brother...

She can only sigh in regret...regret that the real Yva never got to know this at all...

'Yva...I was really wrong...they were never negligent...they cared for you, above anything else. They were so focused on your survival that they chose your life over your happiness...it was a very hard decision for them to make, my dear...do you resent them? Not at all...right? I can still feel it...your love. It's still pumping alongside the blood that runs deep in your body...'

'me giving them the same love you gave is impossible...I never had loved anyone but my grandma, my entire life...however, for your sake, for the deep love that circulates inside our body...for the sacrifices the entire Lanister family had gone through, I will do my best, in your stead to protect this family that you loved...because even I could feel it.'

"Yva, are you sure you want to attend the banquet? You can just skip if you want, no one will dare say a word to a Lanister." Filled with worry, Kyle looked at Yva who stopped her movements, chewing her food, she nodded her head. After swallowing, she spoke.

"yes, brother...I may not remember anything but Ara had already made me memorize every nobles name..." with her confidence, no one will suspect that Yva lied regarding the part where Ara had made her memorize the nobles name...she's still clueless...however, knowing that she's named as a villainess, then she can take advantage of it. No one would dare speak to a villainess right? She just actually wants to see who this Lora is that Ara kept on talking about...the cousin of Yva who is second to her as being the most popular lady...

"I see...stay with your brother when we get there."

"yes, father." Although startled, the duke glanced towards his son who shrugged...

"is there anything wrong?"

"nothing..." the duke immediately answered. However, Yva is aware of their thoughts...it would be her first time calling her father after a month of cold treatment...

"are you...more comfortable with your grace?"

"what?!! no! call me father!" the duke immediately said that Yva flinched before sighing...they were startled with him after all. Event he maids were startled, hearing the duke shout.

"w-well...okay, father."

"that's better." Was it just them, or the duke smiled...no matter how Yva looked at him, he had a small smile making him even more handsome than he already is...truly, he's more handsome than her real father, nor other actors in Korea. Even her brother can easily beat them into modeling. Kyle suppressed his laughter while Yva also cleared her throat.

She gave up her thoughts of being a doctor in another country already... she wants a peaceful life. However, she realized that running away as she did in her past will leave the two men who did everything for her to survive, broken...

After hearing their conversation, it appeared as if both Kyle and the duke stayed on top to lure everyone who dares to eye the weakest of them, Yva...the power they held came from the strength of their will to protect Yva...Hyerin who never once knew family love, can't help but treasure their sacrifices. To do that, she has to stay and fight alongside them.

She received the information about the baron whom she had the guild investigate and she found out that he's one hell of a bastard...however, she couldn't blame her father since she found out that they were just putting on a show before the queen.