Luca

"milady...the duke will really punish you if you sneak away again!" Ara keeps on reminding Yva nervously as she fidgets her fingers, not knowing how to stop the lady who asked for a maid uniform again.

"Ara. Don't worry, the duke won't be able to find out...as long as you keep your mouth shut." She said as she pulls the maid uniform from Ara's tight grip.

"but milady...you are not that well yet! What if something happens again?! I won't be able to take it..." Yva sighed, knowing that after what happened to her the other day, the duke increased the security around her despite her strong defiance. She also refused to meet anyone except Ara.

So even the duke and the young master can't talk to her. She wanted to ask about what happened to her and about the person who saved her but she knew that once she asked, they'll know that she met with him and of course she's afraid that they'll investigate him and know that she drank liquor with him. even if nothing happened between them, she's afraid they'll make it difficult for him.

She realized that even if they bicker with each other and she finds him annoying, he was fun to be with. She can't involve him in her affairs.

Despite what happened to her the other day, she's stubborn and she still wanted to go out of the capital. She knew that if she'll wallow in fear, it won't do anything.

"Ara, nothing will happen...I will be careful." Yva pouted and frowned...but Ara still refused to let go, afraid that something may really happen to the lady. When the duke came back carrying the unconscious lady, they were all surprised and a doctor immediately checked the lady and said that she's really tired. He also treated the wounds on her feet and Ara cleaned her. After that, the duke didn't want her to go out already despite her throwing whatever tantrums.

"Ara, let go!!"

"I'm sorry milady, but no!!"

"let go!!"

"no!!"

Both of them kept on pulling the uniform towards them, not having the intention to give up no matter what happens.

"Ara!!"

"hey, what's going on here?" both of them froze, hearing a voice coming from the door...

Kyle stared at them with furrowed brows, eyes full of curiosity as he looks at what they are currently up to. Then his gaze fell on the uniform they are both pulling...

"y-young master." Ara immediately pulled the uniform as she bowed towards him. Startled, Yva loosened her grip on the uniform as she gulped, maintaining her cold appearance...

"why are you here?" instead of answering, she asked him another question, hoping she can divert the topic.

"I heard shouts from here as I passed by, wondering why, I tried to knock but no one answered so I opened it...but what are you two doing?" Ara and Yva looked at each other and trying to hide the uniform from the eyes of the young master, Ara slowly placed her hands on her back.

Kyle squinted his eyes, aware of what the maid is doing.

"hey, are you going to sneak out again?" discerning eyes stared straight at Yva who met it with a sigh...it didn't contain anger, contrary to the reaction she's expecting.

"why? Will you lock me here?" instead of a question, it came out as an accusation...Kyle stared at her before sighing. Their father locked her because he's afraid that Yva might be in a danger again.

"no...if you want to go out, you can go, but you need to have the knights with you. It's very dangerous outside the estate. If you just want to buy dresses and jewelry, you can just choose from the brochures from the stores." Yva stared at her brother thinking what's with sudden change too...it seems like she's not the only one who changed. Even her brother did.