A short confrontation

"milady." Here comes the butler again...how long has it been since the last time she saw Kyle? 4 days already...she spent her whole time inside her room...busy reading the history of the empire as well as researching for possible continents and countries that may have the medical facility she wants.

Yva never bothered with the butler who, as always, opened the door without even knocking...she flipped the next page as if she heard nothing so the butler furrowed his brows and cleared his throat.

"milady, the Duke is inviting you for dinner." He informed her nonetheless without even being asked why he's here. She still ignored him so he looked at her carefully.

"Lady Yvalee! The Duke is calling for you!" this time, Yvalee stopped after hearing his loud shout as if he's the master and she's the servant.

"I already ate." A cold response startled the butler who expected her to still happily run towards the dining hall upon hearing the Duke's name.

"Didn't you hear me? It's the Duke who is calling for you."

"I already ate." Another cold and same response.

"what?" he asked again but Yvalee never bothered answering him again. Because of this, the butler left to inform the Duke of what she said.

'tch...how funny...for Yva to eat with them, the Duke needs to invite her first.'

She doesn't know whether to laugh or get angry. They really don't treat her as their family. If not for Ara, Yva would have suffered more...it's because of Ara that Yva could still eat edible food...although not as good as what the duke and the Kyle eat, Ara always brings edible food for her. Sometimes, she sacrifices her own for Yva...

Hyerin just sighed thinking that after this month, she'll get the allowance...she doesn't want to ask the Duke for money already and what more, she doesn't want to see them at all.

************

she sneaked out again and visited the inn. The old couple welcomed her...especially the old lady who hugged her full of excitement...

"my dear! You came!!" she exclaimed in happiness that made Hyerin smile genuinely...she hugged the old lady.

"hello, grandma. How are you?" she asked her with a smile as she hands a bag of fruits.

"oh... you even bother bringing fruits...thank you, dear." Her smile was so warm that even she can't help but smile...it's fine, right? It will be fine...

"It's my simple gift, grandma. Besides, I was so busy so I never got a chance to visit you lately. How were you?" Hyerin asked warmly.

"we are great. Although I really wanted to see you. Thank you for coming dear."

"I am glad you came today, young miss. You see, my old wife here can't help but say how much she misses you every time...hohoho" the old man laughed so the old lady pouted and elbowed him.

"I see...I miss you too grandma. Please call me Yva."

"I see. You have a nice name, Yva...you are so pretty too... come I cooked something. Taste it." The old lady cheerfully encouraged her so Yva immediately agreed.

"whatever grandma cooks must be very delicious. I can't wait to try it." She said happily too so the old lady and the old man laughed as they all headed towards the kitchen.

It was 6 in the evening when he returned to the residence and she had fun in the inn where she stayed the whole day. She silently walked into the hall heading to her room.

"where have you been?"

She cursed under her breath as she turned around meeting her brother who was looking at her with furrowed brows.

"outside." She answered and turned around to go on.

"Stop!" she didn't listen to his voice as she continued to walk turning on the left corridor.

"Yvalee! You stop right there!" she sighed before stopping in front of her room door. Despite stopping, she didn't turn to face his brother.

Kyle approached her with furrowed brows and then stopped behind her.

" where have you been, dressed like that, that you only came back now? Does father even know?"

"The Duke is not aware. But do I have to tell you everything I have been doing? How I dress is also my choice." She answered and opened the door before walking in. Before Kyle can speak, she already closed the door leaving him outside in shock.

*********

like-follow-comment...thank you