Safe Home

Hello my dear readers. Hope you all are doing good. I am back with the next chapter. Thank you so much for all the support I have been receiving from your side. Please do continue to support me. Hope you will like this chapter. And I am very happy to have got about more than 10K+ readers. Thank you for joining me in this journey. Wishing you all a very happy Diwali my dears...Dedicating this chapter to all my dear friends and readers who are supporting me in this journey...

__________________________________________

Riya's POV:
"So the two officers who will be going on medical leave from today are... "

I am standing with my fingers crossed. I don't know why but I am pretty tensed. I looked at Arjun Sir who was also tensed. I looked at DIG sir who took a deep breath and spoke. What I heard shook the ground beneath my feet.

"Arjun and Riya"

I heard many gasps. I stood there completely shocked. I don't care about my health cause I have so much of issues. But Arjun Sir.. He deserves a very happy life. I looked at him to find him staring at me with care and concern. I don't know what is wrong with his health. I have already lost people who are close to me. I don't want to lose him too. He means a lot to me. He is my everything. Though I know he doesn't love me but his presence by my side is enough for me. I won't let anything to happen to the person I love the most. I will do anything to keep him alive, to bring him back to health. I came out of my thoughts when I heard Raghu Sir's voice.

"Arjun and Riya, you will be going on sabbatical leave as of now. When you are back in health you can join back in this same team. Today you will be completing all the incomplete works you'll have. And we would like to have a word with you both alone. Can we go to the cabin? "

Sir asked and I nodded my head still in a trance. I looked at Arjun who signalled me to follow him. I went with them silently. Numerous questions were rising in my mind continuously and I did not know how to find answers to them. So I guess these people will be able to provide answers at least to some of my questions. We entered inside the cabin and then Arjun Sir locked it.

"Take your seats Arjun and Riya. I know you must be having various questions running in your minds. Don't worry we will give you the answers. "

We sat down in the couches silently and they settled beside us. As if understanding my inner turmoil Arjun Sir caught my hands and gave it a little squeeze. He would never know how much this gesture of his means to me. And slowly he intertwined our fingers. I looked at it and forgetting all other worries a smile made it's way on my face. How beautifully our hands fit with each other like a puzzle! It is as if they were made to fit with each other only! I held it more tightly and as a result even he tightened the hold. I looked into his eyes and then and there I lost my senses. God! His eyes are so captivating, so hypnotizing. It is as if I can drown in them. I came back to my senses when I heard a throat being cleared.

I looked at DIG sir to find him staring at us with amusement. I looked down embarrassed. God what will our seniors think of us?! I saw Raghu Sir shaking his head and then he started speaking.

"Arjun and Riya actually there is no fault in your health reports. It is just for records that I told about sabbatical leave. What we decided was to send you both to the safe home so that you can focus on the case solely without any hindrance. Karan and Simran will accompany you'll there. By evening we will leave. So pack your bags and switch off your phones and keep them in your house itself. Take all the important documents necessary and related to this case. Other things I will manage. Later I will inform the Sameer about the plan. Is it ok with you'll? "