The Gem

"Anyway, what do you call a person who falls face-first Into quicksand," Ro says probably trying to lighten the mood

"What," I say petting my horse

"Lip sinking," Midnight makes a drum sound effect and we're all burst into laughter... it was so stupidly funny and for some reason, it seemed even funny coming out of a near-death situation.

Even tho any normal person wouldn't

Shut it

"Guys what is that," Chad said pointing to the top of the mountain

"O. M. G," Ro says

"We made it to the mountain,"

Ugh now we have to climb it

you letterly don't

"Then let's get to it," Mendel says pulling his horse to his side. Slowly but surely we started to make progress

"What the point in climbing up the mountain if the diamond isn't there"

Silence follows after Midnights sentence

"Cause we have to investigate..." We all heard the insecurity leak in Mendel's voice, And he heard it too.

"There's no point in climbing this mountain is there," Chad says. The doubtfulness in his voice just makes us all warry.

We soon reached the head of the mountain where a cave lies inside. There was supposed to be a light that shone so bright that it lit the whole cave. But it was now a dark nerve-wracking, sight ahead.

"So who's funna go first," Midnight says and everyone turns to me.

Hell no

"Hell to the fucking no,"

"Oh come on... Your highness... Were dep-" Midnight chokes and takes a shaky breath.

"We... need... you,"

"Bullshit," I say but Walk into the cave anyway

"Thank you for that hurt my pride,"

Bitch

Clam down

I turn on my night vision as my hearing, and my body went on high alert. Slowly I was walking close to the ground. My legs were still straight but my upper half was down like a fox. I spun around when I hear something fall to the ground.

"Sorry, my compass fell, please do continue though," Midnight says I rolled my eyes and put them back to the cave.

"What if I just clap,"

"Midnight, the cave isn't a smart cave,"

"You never know till you try," Mendel sighs in frustration but he claps his hands together and... Nothing happens.

"See I told y-" Mendel stops talking mid-sentence when the torches on the walls go up in flames.

Okay this sum Ju Ju shit

"Well now we can all walk together," Ro says all happy

"God I hate fairy's," I hear Midnight say under his breath. Starting to walk inside the cave I take one of the flaming torches just in case of lighting and potential weapon. I and Mendel take the lead down the cave where soon a rock/marble-like podium stood. Getting closer there was an empty heart shape in the middle.

The middle where the gem was supposed to be. Where it was placed for hundreds of years. Where it lives. Where it rusted. Where it made people love each other from deep down. Where it gave people the shivers and goosebumps from its energy. Where my father and mother got married... This place was special and someone took that away from hundreds, not thousands of people. I made a promise to my homeland to my heart that I swear to God and all those above me... I will find the gem I don't care who I have to kill if it's the love of my life then so be it. I will find that gem of it's the last thing I do... But everyone here is probably thinking the same.