3.

Sharai POV

I woke up and checked my phone to see what time it was. Unlocking it, I saw that it was 7:19; I guess I woke up early today. I got up and did my hygiene and after that I picked out and outfit. It was just a regular pair of blue jeans, with my black Minnie mouse sweater, and of course with a T-shirt under it, and my black flats. After getting dressed, I got my bag, and put my phone inside, along with other things that I needed. Then, I sat my bag by my door.

I decided that I was going to clean up with the little time I that have, since I woke up early. I picked up the clothes that was on the floor, and put them in the laundry basket, then straightened up the things that sat on my dresser, such as my perfume and lotions.

When I finally thought it looked good, I got my things then headed downstairs to fix me something to eat. I got some toast bread and a glass of milk, and after eating I walked into the living room, sitting on the sofa while watching TV until I was ready to leave for school. A couple minutes later, Averi walked downstairs. She was wearing some black tights, a plain grey hoodie, with some white converse.

"You up already girl?" She asked me while walking in the kitchen.

"Well as you can see.." I replied.

She rolled her eyes and I watched as she fixed herself something to eat. When she finished I got up from the sofa and headed out the door while waiting for her outside. When she finally came, we began walking to school. We walked silently for awhile until we heard the loudest noise, sounding like a gun shot.

Me and Averi screamed and ran over between some houses. Being that it happened so fast and out of nowhere, I was scared shitless.
"Oh my god, fuck! We gonna die." Averi cried.

"Shut up, you didn't get shot so just hush!" I told her.

She still sat up there and cried, and to me she was being overdramatic, but at the same time I can't blame her. After we thought that it was safe to come out, we came out and started walking. I didn't expect for something like this to happen. I mean, I know I live in the city of Detroit, but it still shocks me. Especially because it sounded so close.

As we got closer to the school, I looked over at Averi, who was still shooking up about what just happen. She looked pale, and she still had tear stains on her face.

"Averi suck it up..it's over. It happened, and you just look like you saw a ghost." I told her.

"Hush..? That was gun shots, we could've got shot. Why wouldn't I be scared?" She replied.

"Well yeah, but we are almost close to school, mater of fact, we right here." I said.

She looked at me, and didn't reply. We walked up to the school and went through the doors. Since we were kinda late, we had to get our tardy slip. After that we went our seperater ways to our homeroom.

Averi POV

After getting my tardy slip, I headed to the restroom since I was already late. I needed to fix up my makeup. I walked in and went straight to the mirror, I took out my beauty supplies and went straight to fixen myself up. When I was done I walked out, heading to my homeroom even though I barely had time left.

I walked in, and handed my tardy slip to Ms.Careway, then took my seat next to my best friend Crystal.

"Hey, girl. I had to go to the restroom and fix my makeup, cause you won't believe what happened." I told her.

"Hey, and tell me." She replied.

I began telling her, until Javion walked in, I stopped and watched at he made his was over to us.