8.

Sharai POV

I woke up in the morning with a big cramp in my neck. I guess from sleeping on that couch. I got up and went to go do my hygiene, after I was finished I went to look in Averi's room. Still no Averi.. I want to know what is so important that she can't come home on time.

I went in my room, picking out my clothes for today. I put on some bleached blue jeans, a pink shirt, and some sandals that matched perfectly.

I walked downstairs getting me a granola bar. I need to go to the store.. I thought while remebering what my mom said the other day.

I mean, Averi is trying to make her money some kind've way now, so why can't she wait on her? Also, my mom is a house keeper, even though she doesn't work full time, she makes a decent amount. Why can't she get things that we need? Why am I the one that they always depend on?

I walked out of the door, heading to school. Hopefully I see Averi there because if I don't I wont have a clue where she is. 

When I arrived at school I saw everyone walking in the building. I looked around over and over and then finally, I seen Javion's car parking. I squinted my eyes and saw Ramir get out, then Javion, and lastly, Averi. She hurried and made her way to the doors, but not before me.

I was so mad, and relieved at the same time. I walked into the building waiting by my locker. I knew Ramir was probably going to tell me she's here, so I waited. When they all walked in the door, I stared at them as Ramir began making his way over to me.

"Hey, they back." Ramir told me.

I nodded, "I'm going to go talk to her, kay? See you in class."

"Okay," he said. He made his way to the class as I walked over in Averi and Javion's direction.

When I reached them, they were a few feet away from their homeroom, I'm guessing since they were about to walk in the door so.

"Averi!" I yelled, but only loud enough to where they cold here me.

She turned around and her eyes widened, but at the same time she rolled them. This girl always has am attitude with me.

I quickly walked over to her and when I made it over there, I sighed.

"You didn't come to school yesterday, and neither did you ever come home." I said.

She sighed, "I know, I know. Y'all probably was worried, but its for a good cause.." she mumbled something else but I didn't hear.

I rolled my eyes, "yeah, I was worried. Momma didn't know, you better be lucky she didn't though.."

"Okay can you hush?" she asked, "Once we get home, you and Momma gonna be happy."

I looked a her confused but I shook it off, "anyways, I'm just.. glad your okay. Okay?" I said.

I walked off heading to class without letting her reply.

                    Averi POV

I watched as she walked off, and then turned around and looked at Javion.

"Let's go." I said.

We walked into homeroom and took our seats. All I could think about was what Sharai told me. I kinda feel bad, I mean, I treat her so bad and she was worried about me.

Hopefully when we get home, her and Momma is happy. If they aren't then I won't know what to do. I mean, I know Momma is gonna be happy, but I'm not to sure about Sharai. She's a little to curious of things, all the time.