26.

Ciara

I knocked on Darion's door waiting to be let in. I had been standing here for fifteen minutes straight. I called him earlier and didn't get an answer, and honestly, I was starting to think that he was actually serious about breaking up with me.

I didn't attend school today, but something inside of me knew that something wasn't right. Right when school was let out, I got a text from him, and there it was. Now here I am, thirty minutes later after trying to call him, and fifteen minutes into standing here waiting for him.

Before I could say how aggravated I was out loud, the door opened. "Why you knocking on my door so hard? My momma gotta go to work." he said, not even letting me speak before him.

I sighed, "Darion lets talk." I stared at him waiting for a reply.

The look on his face that he gave  me showed me what he was thinking, and it didn't involve speaking with me. The silence annoyed me, and it didn't look like it was going to be fixed by us conversing, so I spoke again.

"You don't want to talk to me?" I asked, "you just break up with me without an explanation, and then refuse to talk to me?"

Darion didn't have any kind of caring look on his face. I started to think about just walking away, but I wanted to be with Darion. I actually loved Darion, especially after all of those times he took up for me. He stayed by my side most of the time, and it wouldn't be the same anymore if he just left me.

I furrowed my eyebrows, getting ready to start up again, "so you-" I was cut off by Darion sucking his teeth. "Okay we can talk, make it fast."

He gestured for me to walk inside and I did. We made our way to his room and when we got there he took a seat on the edge of his bed. I stared at him with the most confused look on my face.

"So what did I do?" I finally said. I honestly didn't want to know; I didn't want to hear any bad news concerning the both of us.

He sucked his teeth while running both hands down his face. "I just think we both need space. That's it." he replied.

I shook my head, "you think?" I asked.

"Yes, now just let it go."

I chuckled while shaking my head. "You break up with me with no good explanation, and just want me to let it go?" I folded my arms, "damn Darion, you really ain't shit."

I watched as he furrowed his eyebrows and stood up. "You know what?" he said, "Ion care no more."

I was confused at his response, but I didn't say anything. He pinched the bridge of his nose and chuckled while shaking his head.

"I'm just tired of yo ass, to be honest with you. I can't deal with your shit anymore Ciara." He looked me in my eyes with all seriousness. "All this drama you got going on, and all the shit you been doing...I'm just not with that no more. I'm tired of running after you with all the problems that you cause for yourself. I got people that's probably reconsidering fucking with me because of yo ass. So if that's what you wanted..a reason out of why I broke up with you, then there you go."

It was quiet after Darion explained to me how he felt. I was shocked at everything he said, mainly because we had never argued, he'd never acted this way with me. I wanted to let myself believe that he didn't mean it, but the way he stared at me waiting for an response, I knew he was being real.

"Drama?" I started, "so because of everything that happened-"

"Yes, I'm tired of it." he cut me off.